Locking nuts and jack?

S32B

Reaction score
OK so my car is due a service today, I took everything out of the boot including the load liner so that they could get easy access to the spare wheel etc. I then thought I'd make it easy for them by putting the locking wheel nuts on the front seat!!! Hmmm never seen those come to think of it, they must be under the spare wheel with the jack!

So I lifted the floor, unscrewed the bolt holding the spare down and then lifted the spare up...no jack let alone the locking wheel nut! I've looked in both side compartments in the boot and in the glovebox....anywhere else they may be hiding???

EDIT***

lol just called them up as I was a bit worried, spoke to the service guy and he said under the spare wheel!!! No I've looked there...he went off to ask a tech guy! Let's just say you have to get right into the boot! :D God help anyone short:

Last edited:
On my RS3 the tool rool inc the locking nut was behind a panel on the right hand side of the boot close to the fuell filler car area. Have you got any of those ? twist type fixing.

Reactions: S32B
On my RS3 the tool rool inc the locking nut was behind a panel on the right hand side of the boot close to the fuell filler car area. Have you got any of those ? twist type fixing.
Yeah next logical place I looked, I did find a first aid kit in there though :)...updated my OP all sorted now...never even seen the tiny tab for it! lol.

Yeah, that caught me to out, the extra boot section :)

Yeah, that caught me to out, the extra boot section :)
lol not just me then :D

Having the load liner over the floor meant that I'd never even seen the small tag to lift it open, even when you look for it it's not obvious! I'm well over 6ft and it's a reach to open, god help anyone around 5ft :p

Dealerships do not require the wheel lock key as they have a master. Mine advertise this when confirming the booking...