Help Please Locked out No way of getting in!?

Elotus

Reaction score
So ill start from that the car has been sat since start of march and the battery is dead the manual key will not open the drivers door it have got the metal strip off by the window and can see the barrel turns but does not open the door. I have managed to get the positive terminal through the top of the bonnet between the windscreen and attach the postive to effectively charge it of off my neighbors Ford Ranger and this seemed to of given it some power to try the central locking but nothing, left it running while connect to my audi and the red light on the door just inside came back on and was flashing then the alarm started to work as the all the hazards light were going off so the battery clearly had enough power but key fob still didnt work.

So currently at a loss as I have tried everything but put a window in as the last options any ideas from people here?

Can you access via the boot?
If you have power, does it unlock any of the other doors from the remote?

Can you access via the boot?
If you have power, does it unlock any of the other doors from the remote?
No i do not I can see the battery has power as the little light came on that is handbreak button so im guess where it has gotten so dead it has in short terms forgotten the coding to key fob?

Don't understand why the manual key is not unlocking the car?. Do you have another fob the battery in the existing remote may have died.

No i do not I can see the battery has power as the little light came on that is handbreak button so im guess where it has gotten so dead it has in short terms forgotten the coding to key fob?

Its unlikely to have forgotten the key coding.

If you can’t open it while the battery is hooked up to another running car, then there is a good chance the key fob battery may need to be changed. Do you have a spare key you can try?

Sounds like the link from the key barrel may have disconnected, hence why the manual unlocking is not working. Do you have any breakdown cover, they will come out to a locked out the car scenario.

Your other option is to get a locksmith to come and open it for you.

If your key fob still has power you can try pressing and holding the unlock button for a few seconds, this will roll the windows down. Then you can open the doors from the inside.
Unless that option is disabled on your in-car menu system.

If your key fob still has power you can try pressing and holding the unlock button for a few seconds, this will roll the windows down. Then you can open the doors from the inside.
Unless that option is disabled on your in-car menu system.

Won't this only work once the car has been unlocked remotely? I'm relatively sure that i have to unlock first, then I long press to drop the windows, otherwise it could be a security issue.

Won't this only work once the car has been unlocked remotely? I'm relatively sure that i have to unlock first, then I long press to drop the windows, otherwise it could be a security issue.
Unlock and windows down work simultaneously with press and hold, if I remember correctly. Certainly worth a shot.

Reactions: RAF_S7