Location of alarm siren – A4 (B6) Cabriolet

Louis Cronin

Reaction score
My silly alarm keeps going off and from researching the cause, i think it needs the batteries replacing. Im going to do the DIY job but cant even find where it is in the boot. Can someone help?

de5054b4.jpg

a6eca667.jpg

i have had a look but cant find it, anyone who can tell me in more detail?

you may find the batteries have leaked inside the siren and ****** up the circuit board.

set the alarm off and listen to where the noise is coming from?

you may find the batteries have leaked inside the siren and ****** up the circuit board.

set the alarm off and listen to where the noise is coming from?

the noise sounds the same as it always did, i enabled beep on lock using vagcom but it doesnt beep now when i lock/arm the alarm.

So i open the hood half way, unscrew the triangle style plastic bolt thingy, what then?

Its behind the carpet type trim, can't really remember was awhile ago but think you just pull the trim away from the side think there may have been a couple clips that had to be prised out dunno what you mean by the triangle plastic thingy but didn't unscrew anything until getting to the siren.

Dan

Still cannot find the alarm siren, i have added some more pics, could someone please help as im losing my rag with the car, feel like parking it 2 streets down so i cant hear it going off! lol

4ca45e6a.jpg

15dd1e12.jpg

Perhaps the other right side? (Drivers side RHD or o/s) :w00t:

A4-B6_Convertible-H12_Siren.jpg

Last edited: