Locating the alarm Siren

dandowftm

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have just noticed that my Alarm Siren on my A3 seems to be faulty. When thr alarm goes off, only the indicator lights flash, with no sound.

Does anyone know where i can locate this, and how much it would be to get a replacement??

Thanks in advance,

DanDowFTM

Hi there, If its located in the same place as the S3, and i am guessing it is it will be in the passengers side rear wheel arch inside the boot. If you open the boot on the left hand side should be a removable panel once this is off you have access to the rear light. Its tucked down the alcove, if its like the s3 its a bu**er to get out, but should be easier if you haven't got a sub sitting there.

Just out of curiosity did you hear a series of 3 beeps everytime you started the car when it was cold? This was a sign the batteries within the alarm were dying.

Hope this helps, someone please correct me if i am wrong about its position...:blackrs4:

Have you tried doing a search for 'alarm' in the 8L Forum? Believe it or not, there are loads of threads detailing where it is, how much and where to get it.

Cheers,