Loan car whilst S3 is in for new rear bumper

Grant

Reaction score
A young guy drove up the back of me which resulted in me needing a new rear bumper.

Because it was a non-fault accident, I have been given a prestige rental car for the time my car is getting repaired.

I have been given a Jaguar X-Type 2.5 V6 Sport. Let me tell you, this car is awful! It's supposed to be 194bhp but it's soooooo slow!

I can't wait to get my S3 back (it's only been gone 4 hours!) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

Yes, the 2.5 is very poor on paper. The 2.0 FWD is faster 0-60, and even the 3.0 AWD isn't as quick as a standard S3.

These types of car may have high-ish bhps, but the torque tends to be quite low, and torque is what gives you acceleration as I understand it...

Dan

[ QUOTE ]
Imola S3 said:
I have been given a Jaguar X-Type 2.5 V6 Sport. Let me tell you, this car is awful! It's supposed to be 194bhp but it's soooooo slow!

[/ QUOTE ]

It beats a Corsa I feel.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

[ QUOTE ]
adjturbo said:
or a 1.0 polo!!

[/ QUOTE ]

It least a VW has some quality unlike the Vauxhaul!!

When my wa repaired it took me 8 weeks to get it back and even then it wasn't repaired properly!! 8 weeks of driving a 130 or 150 Tdi was OK and saved me a fortune in fuel, but still it's not like having your own car. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Hope all is fixed on the S3 soon.