little help please!

Andy88

Reaction score
I have just got my car back today after having my hybrid turbo fitted. I got it home and whilst trying to burn off the remaining oil from the exhaust as instructed there was a loud hissing sound when the car reached 4k rpm (2.0 tdi) it sounded like a hose popping off, has anyone got any ideas as i dont want to take it back to the garage with a possible detatched hose... :S

4k with a new turbo ?????????????

Almost certainly a pipe popped off so you have two choices - pop it back or gently drive back to the garage.

You may have been 'instructed' to burn the oil off but not at 4k rpm !

To be honest i wasnt even going fast what so ever was in second gear just trying to get the last bits out, so what hose is it most likely to be ?

It's likely to be the pressure pipe. You need to get at it from underneath the car. After you take the bottom cover off you can see a pipe between turbo and intercooler and it often pops off at the intercooler end. It's only held on by a wire clip and is easy to put back (once you get at it ) !

take it back to the garage
they should have put it on right in the 1st place

its a bit far to go with the pipe disconnected thats my only worry. I will have a crack at putting it back on tomorrow.

Why don't you give them a ring first, explain the problem and see what they say ? After all, they are the 'experts' !

Too ****** right, Bez 100%, a pipe shouldnt just pop of full stop, afterall they test drove it surely!!!

With all respect if a garage doesnt know how to tighten & test a boost pipe for pressure as in with there hands to see it it has play with the jubilee etc, then I wouldnt be using them full stop.

This is of course basing it on a net based fault diagnosis, it actually is a pipe thats come of, which is remote, but hey you get what you pay for as such................

Well what else could it be? the noise it made sounds like when you remove the air compresor after pumping up your tyres but louder, now there is a loud noise coming from underneath near the downpipe.

they can go in diffrent ways
never know till its checked

lol dont worry its prob a pipe

Lets not jump the gun & worry the OP, just take it back limping & politely say, fix it, end of, doesnt get much easier than that does it.

ok ill behave
i had my intake done other week comeing back at 430 am 1 mile from my junction i turned the ebc to 26 psi floored it and pop
daft hose off and will it hell run when its off got it back on and went very slow home