Little bit of help please rns-e problem

rich1

Reaction score
Hi,
I bought a rns-e and all was fine, took it out the box to look at it again and noticed that the holder was broken where it connects the Adapter.

I am not picking up the car until 1/9/12 so can not try it myself.
Will it still fit in and work??

I can get a full refund I not.
50285a16.jpg

77e73a7f.jpg

Thanks

Not seen one, but the broken bit looks as if the connector has been forced out without unlocking it!

Nicked? :think:

Should work OK, just needs the quadlock securing with gaffer tape or suchlike, depends what you paid....

No, well I hope not, this one came out of his own car and he upgraded to a pioneer or something like that..

Clip goes on fine an isn't really an issue, got a bit of money back so not too bad.

Itll still work without it as mentioned above just use some tape to hold the quad lock in place. And ive seen a few people get confused when trying to remove quadlocks and just end up using a flathead to prise it off which ends up with results as pictured. I wouldnt think too much of it being stolen, im pretty sure anyone stealing one of these wud know how to remove a quadlock lol. Never tried repairing one either but considering how it would be connected on the otherside i wouldnt bother

the quadlock should sit in place fine and as the stereo will be sitting still once fitted i cannot imagine it will fall out easily, but still you could just put some tape on it to insure it doesnt fall out the back easily

Ok thanks.

Will my car need an adapter for the quadlock thing or will it have it already and been a straight swap?

(brand new A3 black edition sportback)

Ok thanks.

Will my car need an adapter for the quadlock thing or will it have it already and been a straight swap?

(brand new A3 black edition sportback)

No adaptor required as your car will have quadlock already...