1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Little bit of extra carbon worth it?

zippster Aug 5, 2018

1. zippster

zippster Well-Known Member Team Mythos Team V6 Audi S3 Audi S4 Audi RS3 quattro

Hey all

Thinking about ordering one of these For my mythos black S4 with black pack (and one carbon mirror caps)

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-ecs-par...er-carbon-fiber-center-overlay/022539ecs01~a/

It will work out to be £173.. and easy to fit (no cutting or drilling) and I would hope although subtle look good with the carbon mirror caps.

What do you think ? Worth the bucks for a little carbon? Or not ?

Thoughts much appreciated
    D786B723-5597-4B2B-B3C9-42F1C61A30F8.jpeg

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. SwordfishCoupe

SwordfishCoupe Member

Looks very nice and sounds not too bad a price assuming no import duty.

Go for it.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

zippster likes this.
  4. Daggerit

Daggerit Well-Known Member Team Floret Silver TFSI Owners Group Team V6 Audi S4 Audi Avant Owner Group quattro

You can pick up ECS parts through Awesome GTI and the prices are generally the same number but in £. So a $200 part Awesome will generally be able to get delivered to you for £200.

They order stuff from the US in batches though so the only downside is sometimes you have to wait 2-3 weeks for stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zippster likes this.
  5. voorhees

voorhees Moderator Staff Member Moderator Team V8 Audi S5 S tronic

I would ask if you would see it ?

6. WesT-gefül

WesT-gefül Active Member Bronze Supporter

Have you ever considered dipping?

7. Jcbmally

Jcbmally Started with nothing & still have most of it left. Team Ibis Sportback Audi S3 quattro S tronic

zippster likes this.
  8. SPIKE_S3

SPIKE_S3 Well-Known Member Team Daytona Team Ara Blue Gold Supporter

For the price I think it would be a must. Not only would it look good and add a bit of meanness to the front, but the fact it is CF is a winner :icon thumright:

zippster likes this.
  9. hungabunga

hungabunga Member

Have you read the review? It seems you don’t get as much as shown in the picture

10. zippster

thanks all, al came back with a price of £173 and delivery early September, its subtle (that I like) and I think it would notice as much as my carbon wings notice.. im all about subtle and didn't really want the full lip spoiler..

yes I did read that, its not a full lip spoiler /splitter.. I think the guy who left the review was delusional thinking that that would be the price for a full carbon front end. its the centre piece ..

I have a little time to think and put my order in .. so thanks for the input .. im guessing no one has one on here yet ..

Jcbmally likes this.
  11. Daggerit

Daggerit Well-Known Member Team Floret Silver TFSI Owners Group Team V6 Audi S4 Audi Avant Owner Group quattro

I don't know of anyone on here that has it, but I do have a friend that does if you want me to ask any questions about it? He had the front splitter as well but smashed it against a curb so removed it. The little carbon section looks good and is just a stick on bit so its easy to install.

zippster likes this.
  12. Avatar

13. zippster

PLEASE !! id like to know the fitting and a picture of just that fitted if possible .. mucho appreciated .. also what colour car does he have..

im 99% sure Im going to go for it.. just want to understand the fitting

thanks Daggerit!

Daggerit likes this.
  14. Daggerit

Sure, I’ll ask him for a shot. It’s a black car, same as yours.

15. zippster

P E R F E C T !! thanks matey .. looking forward to the photo!

Daggerit likes this.
  16. Daggerit

Just waiting on the fitment details but I’m pretty sure it’s just 3M tape basically. Two minutes to install I’m pretty sure he said. In the meantime, here’s a couple photos for you from when he’d just installed it. It’s definitely subtle on a black car so it depends on whether you think it’s worth it for you.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Jcbmally, zippster and q5man like this.
  17. Daggerit

He’s confirmed that it’s a two second installation as it’s just 3M tape. His only comment was that you want to take care to make sure it goes on totally straight A’s the tape doesn’t give you much opportunity to pull off and straighten.

And a photo from this morning...

[​IMG]

zippster and q5man like this.
  18. zippster

thats what I wanted to see.. awesome..

subtle but noticeable and will tie in with the mirror covers.. also the fact it is just 3M tape gets my vote too!! looks very OEM. I also like to be slightly different from other s4's you see on the road so this gets my vote without being too OTT in my opinion.

thanks @Daggerit I think I will go ahead and order its a shame I have to wait till 2nd week of September for delivery ..

q5man and Daggerit like this.
  19. Daggerit

Spot on then, glad that I could help!

I might see about getting one after an RS style grill which is my next mod I think. I'm sure that it would look good with the silver as a bit of a contrast.

zippster likes this.
  20. zippster

yeh looking at my front end again this morning (ooh err) Im sure it will notice as the carbon(mirror caps) looks grey and really stands out in the light against the black car.. so looking at your friends picture although it doesn't screem "look at me" its enough to be a little special ..

its these little details that I like .. and my mod list is starting to grow :)

thanks again

Daggerit likes this.
  21. zippster

ORDERED.

roll on September :)

q5man and Daggerit like this.
  22. h1r4

h1r4 Active Member

Where did he get the rs style grill may I ask?

23. Daggerit

His is an Emmanuel Designs version, there’s a few distributors in the UK if you search for them from their website. They’re like £500 though, so hopefully next month I’ll be going the Chinese route instead as I’ve seen some of their versions and they are good quality. And I have someone who sources them too, for under £300 delivered.

Riko0073 and h1r4 like this.
  24. h1r4

h1r4 Active Member

£300 delivered?, any chance I could get one at that price too haha

Daggerit likes this.
  25. Daggerit

If you’re wanting one, just PM me your number and I’ll put him in touch with you. He’s running a new SQ5 with one fitted so he doesn’t just sell them, he’s actually got one fitted too.

h1r4 likes this.
  26. h1r4

h1r4 Active Member

I really want one, but I'll be changing cars next year, and I hope I'll be changing to a s4. It looks to nice though. Hard decision

Daggerit likes this.
  27. Daggerit

I can’t see your signature on my phone but I assume you have an A4 just now? The grill could just be swapped over if you changed if that’s the case?

28. h1r4

h1r4 Active Member

Yeah I've got an a4, but I'm in two minds as to what car I want next. I'll drop you a pm mate

Daggerit likes this.
  29. Riko0073

Riko0073 Well-Known Member Team Daytona V6T Audi S4 Audi Avant Owner Group

Hey Dan, I’d be very interested in the grill at that price.

If I could wait until you get yours as the ‘test mule’ to check fitment and quality then go from there?

Thundercliffe81 and Daggerit like this.
  30. Daggerit

No worries! Provided I get the little bonus from work I'm expecting, I'll get it ordered on the 25th and keep you updated. :)

Riko0073 likes this.
  31. Riko0073

Awesome bud, thanks.

Daggerit likes this.
  32. zippster

due to the change of car I now have this available if anyone was after one? its due in this week and im unable to cancel my order as it was a special order :(

anyone want one that doesn't want to wait a month for delivery PM me.. a lot can change in a month as I found out :)

Cheers

Riko0073 likes this.
  33. Avatar

34. Riko0073

I’ve pm’d you mate on the lip spoiler.

zippster likes this.
  35. zippster

I’ve PM’d you back :)

36. Riko0073

So I’ve purchased the ECS CF lip overlay from Zippster (thanks mate) and now ordered via Awesome GTi the CF fog overlays (see pic) and just found a great offer on some brand new OE CF mirror caps which I’ve purchased on eBay from a main Audi dealer.

Hoping these will add some nice subtle touches to the S4 in Daytona, slightly unsure as I’ve got the chrome but think it will look great from some other pics I’ve seen on line.

will post pics up when fitted.

3384ABCB-9455-4FD4-A000-9791ADDBC075.jpeg

zippster, q5man and Daggerit like this.
  37. zippster

TTIWWP! :) we want to see pics!!

Riko0073 likes this.
  38. Riko0073

In fairness I did include a pic! :relaxed:.....ok wasn’t of my car right.

Definitely, will post pics up once fitted.

zippster likes this.