Little advice?

Amex88

Reaction score
Hi guys. New to this! So hello first of all. Hope your all well!
I am now an owner of an s3 8p. Long story short, Sold my 330d e92 and wanted a petrol again! So far i really like it! 2 door and sounds lovely!

Any advice on these? All has been changed so far.

Advice im after is tuning! I know stage 1 is capable! Do i need anything for it? If i wanted around 350/360bhp what would i need?

Thanks in advanced!

Best advice I have is try the 8p section, on a serious note you want the 8p section this is the 8l you will get plenty of tuning advice there

A stage 1 map will see you past 300 BHP. No additional hardware needed. A custom map at somewhere like RTech should see 320 BHP with similar torque values.

To achieve your target figures you are looking at stage 2+.
For this you will need:-
An uprated fuel pump
RS4 fuel valve
A cold air intake
Minimum of a downpipe with sports cat.
NGK BKR7EIX plugs
Decent oil, many use the Millers Nanodrive NT+
Uprated intercooler to keep the power there on a hot day.
Shell V power or Tesco Monentum
Stage 2+ remap.
Depending on mileage, a walnut blast of the inlet valves and a clean of the injectors.
The fuel pump cam follower needs checking and replacing more often if you fit an uprated fuel pump.
If manual, you will need a clutch.
If your dipstick is orange get it changed ASAP for a yellow one and hope none of the orange bits have gone down the dipstick tube into the sump.
If dsg then a TCU map as well as the engine remap.
More power may mean you need to improve suspension and brakes.
I’ve probably missed something but these are the main bits.

Reactions: ch1z64 and Tj 0785
Welcome to the forum!

Advice im after is tuning! I know stage 1 is capable! Do i need anything for it? If i wanted around 350/360bhp what would i need?

Summarising the above post :tonguewink: - Stage1 could be done now, you don’t need any supporting mods and you should see 300bhp and torques, plus or minus.
For 350-360 bhp you’re in Stg2+ territory - this is the list that Peter has added above. This would be a minimum of £2.5k including a clutch (assuming you’re manual) as the stock clutch won’t last long at 2+.

Have a read of the Preventative Maintenance thread in the top section - you don’t need to complete all of it (I did) but a well maintained car is the best place to start from - then the mapping follows...

Reactions: Bryant1998
Thanks for the reply guys! Thiklno ill just stick to stage 1 for now lol.

Also, isit normal for the gear change to be often? Is there a driving mode on there? As at 50 mph is says d6. It seems to switch gears really quickly!

Driving mode is D or S on the gear stick.

prt57

If dsg then a TCU map as well as the engine remap.
--
Really ?

A TCU map is a map for your auto gearbox, it alters when the box changes gear etc. Some people love them others i know have had the map taken off and stock re fitted. A bit marmite. I have Stg 2+ and the std gearbox map with no issues.

Thanks for the reply guys! Thiklno ill just stick to stage 1 for now lol.

Also, isit normal for the gear change to be often? Is there a driving mode on there? As at 50 mph is says d6. It seems to switch gears really quickly!

In D it’ll get into 6th ASAP. In S it will hold gears more. 50 in 6th is normal. My 3.2 will do 30 in 6th.