Little Advice Needed - 3.0 Quattro

xeningti

Reaction score
So i have had my gorgeous V6 since March now and apart from a few niggly things she is lovely!

Just need to try and get my head around this... maybe im going mad but it seems as if my car has like "on/off" moments you know sometimes she flies along quite nicely and other times it seems as she is in a huff with me..

I'll explain

what i mean by huffy is:

- sometimes the acceleration is a bit choppy - when i get through the mid range she sort of flattens out then kicks back up again
- The accelerator pedal - while at speed (40-80mph) if i let my foot off the accelerator pedal too quickly it sort of comes off really quickly ... like a thud
- Soundtrack: on a good day she burbles like a V6 should and on bad days her song is comparable to that of a hyundai atoz.....
- Steering: sometimes it's light... sometimes it's heavy.... hmmmm
- Gears: sometimes it's a clunk.... other times its a nice smooth shift....

I don't get what's going on?! (please not the later two -gears and steering- not so much of an issue, its more the drivability thing im worried about)

I've noticed aswell after the cars been driven about a bit and you let the engine rest then turn her back on she goes back to her good old self.... i could drive her from cold for as long as i want and she goes in the huff but after if switch her off and back on again she goes back to normal....

If it helps i have ABS+EPS (no speedo) light issue aswell... so i dont know if the car is switching from crap mode to happy mode??

im really really confused!

any help would be great!

Thanks!

The dash lights are usually a symptom of a failed brake light switch. Check if they are working. As for the intermittent power thing I can't offer any advise only that some days mine flies and others it's like it's being held back.

The dash lights are usually a symptom of a failed brake light switch. Check if they are working. As for the intermittent power thing I can't offer any advise only that some days mine flies and others it's like it's being held back.
how do i check this sorry? i thought i was maybe an ABS ring because you can reset the lights after its warmed up (just switch off and on) they lights will sometimes come back and you can feel the abs gritting in the brake pedal thats when the lights come back on... so im sure it might be an abs ring! its just this drive thing im really no happy about!

had this problem. bought a second hand pump coded it in and all is fine. 7 month on its just happened again yesterday. going to recode it see if it works again. ****** me right off. the speedo works off a pulse from the ABS Pump