Little accident!!!! :(

JAMI308

Jamie H - Cumbria
Reaction score
Well the situation is... Hit a bit of surface water car pulled into kerb, I was relaxed driving cruising and was totally unprepared for it, car went into a spin smashed up over the kerb, no damage to the car except maybe the tracking BUT airbags from driver seat, above driver door and above driver side rear window....

is this fixable? How do I get hold of the airbags? What price roughly? Any help appreciated!

I put myself at fault i was to relaxed and not ready for the road conditions!

Im in ok apart from burns or whatever to my arms from the airbag! Anyways I'm shook up but more worried about my car! It's home safe, parked up for now! Really need it sorted ASAP due to work commitments etc! Any help apprechiated lads! Can't beleive it how I could be so stupid, but these things happen and I have to learn and get on with it!!

Also car is audi a3 - 2006 - 3 door s like edition - 2.0tfsi

Airbag ripped my my nice leather seats too :( grrrr

Usually a write off when the airbags deploy, depends on the age of car

Reactions: S3 AEX and TonyH38
Ano, in perfect driving condition apart from the airbags, so drove it home, no insurance job, well unless it's not fixable! And no just fwd no Quattro!

Wow , they must come out with some force to rip leather seats , no wonder your arm is burnt , glad to hear you are ok though matey .

Yeah it was the seat airbag so burst out of the seat burst the leather! Just want my car fixed :(

The curtain airbag is about £20-70
and the seat airbag is around £30 but it might be better to replace the seat
also it will most likely need the track rod ends and arms changeing and then tracking

Cheers mate! Just been in the garage there... For the brand new genuine parts (2 sensors, driver curtain airbag and seat airbag and the possible new airbag ECU if it needs one and then the labour plus vat on all parts gonna be about 1400... Then the track rods, new alloy, whatever else, looking at at least 1600... Gonna source a few parts myself to get that price down! All this money for not paying attention and not driving to road conditions... I am a proper nob head.

Reactions: wuta3
Check on ebay and at breakers yard for parts also i think the airbag ecu can be reset so may not need new ecu

dont beat yourself up about it mate, it could happen to anyone. Cars can be replaced and lucky in a way that no exterior damage.

Strange the bags came out when you didnt really hit anything apart from a low kerb

Reactions: JAMI308, phil76 and Ady786
The seat should repair ? the stitching is different on air bags seats where the bags are so it should just rip the stitching apart from memory as some of the insurance company's we deal with allow repairs on these and some don't,you might also need a seat belt or stalk as sometimes they will store a fault if the bags have gone off.

Also work replacing the front hub/bearing as normally after they have had a knock its not long before they start with the rumbling noise coming from the bearing,this is something else we have started doing with most cars if they have had a knock on the wheels.

Thanks lads! I've got myself a curtain airbag and a new seatbelt & tensioner. Could really doing with finding the seat airbag and then I Just buy new side crash sensors from audi. Doing my head in now! And yes the rear wheel was what I hit the kerb with and it set the sensor off which I beleive is placed near or on the arch... Anyways I think I will need to replace the wheel bearings on the drivers side rear at least and then get a 4 wheel allignment etc. Definately need to replace the bearings tho there whining like a little biatch. Also I think the seat will repair it's mainly burst down the stitching but ripped a little at the top, will look alright when I get it repaired I would say!

might want to change your signature from "flat out" (sorry, bad joke).

It all sounds easily repairable and you do well to repair with parts via ebay - you will be surprised what they have. Good luck, just maybe delete this post completely - I would get paranoid about insurance companies. My insurance went up despite not making a claim and it not being my fault but had to tell them.

Mine done that too when a old bint crashed into my car while it was parked up! But yeah insurance are *****es! I can't find part number 8P3 880 242 A but can find part number 8P4 880 242 A easily! What's the difference I don't know! Wonder if they would other work :(