Lithium battery A4 diesel

A4hybrid

Anyone know what Lithium battery that will replace a standard battery on a a4 diesel 1.9tdi?

I've done a lot of searching but as they are a new technology in cars there's not a lot of info.

Any help would be appreciated.

desertstorm

Staff member
VCDS Map User
Just get a Varta silver battery of the correct size for your car, Probably an 096
https://www.tayna.co.uk/E44-Varta-Silver-Car-Battery-577400078-P7726.html
I have come across people using very much smaller Lipo battery packs to run cars but they aren't reliable and won't last as they will not be correctly charged. You need the whole system to be designed for Lipo batteries.

DieselJake

VCDS Map User
I understand the benefits of lithium batteries over traditional batteries (because I love electric cars) but do you want a lithium battery because it lasts longer or weighs less or something else? If you want a lighter weight battery either way you'll probably have to make a custom bracket or use straps or something (and if you do please let me know as I'd love lightweight battery ideas for my car as I've already shaved a fair bit of weight).

A4hybrid

Thanks for the replies guys. It was mainly for that extra power for car audio and they tend to have a better voltage output just like with rc cars.

I'll look into the varta silver as heard they are good batteries or I could go down the optima dry cell root but seems they are a tight fit in the a4's.