Linked upto VAGcom today

MrTackalakalaka

Reaction score
Plugged my car in today. 2 codes.......

photo-1_zps7759a1ff.jpg

Best place to get new Cam and Engine position sensor? Spoke to a woman at my local Audi dealership and she quoted £795.41.......i almost died!

Whats the second code about?

Cheers

is it possible its just slipped a tooth on the belt or have you had the cam belt done recently? Have you ever had the car scanned before? I'd be tempted to clear the codes and re-scan it a couple of miles later

1st fault?

you had a Cambelt done recently? Fitted a different head or changed cams. It's basically telling you that the cam/crank are out of sync..

2fault.
You got a leak somewhere

Cambelt was done 1st December 2011
Last scanned at Audi Jan 2012 and that was when i was first told about the cam position sensor

good shout on clearing the codes

so you had a correlation error back in Jan 2012 shortly after having the cambelt done. I assume that Audi cleared the fault code and the fault code is still there meaning that the belt may have been a tooth out since Dec 2011.

Who fitted the cambelt? Audi?

If it was Audi who did the cam belt i would ask them if they still have record of the scan they did back in Jan 2012. If they do have it on record then i would point out they they changed the cambelt only a month prior to logging the fault

probably a bit late to start playing that game though

Unfortunately no it was a local garage that did the cambelt change. ive had lots of problems with them recently so am going else where now.

Is all of that really necessary for a simple CPS code?

Reset the codes, go for a drive and check again. If it comes back check the tabs on the end of the inlet cam for any signs of deformity and then replace the sensor.

Hearing hooves and expecting a zebra springs to mind.

Is all of that really necessary for a simple CPS code?

Reset the codes, go for a drive and check again. If it comes back check the tabs on the end of the inlet cam for any signs of deformity and then replace the sensor.

Hearing hooves and expecting a zebra springs to mind.

come on... He had a Cambelt change, it had the fault 12 months ago and its still there! Seriously you're telling me its a bent tab?..

Second one means your secondary air pump is ****ed. Buy a plankig plate and get rid of it, no need for it and itll clean the engine bay up.

Check the lower pipe on your secondary air pump, common for coming off, simple system it's just a pump and pipes

All sorted now!!

Turns out the timing belt was a tooth out of sync, hence the error code.
Also had a split pipe right near the connection which was causing the loss of power.

Timing belt sorted, pipe cut and shortened slightly to get rid of the split. All codes gone and running perfectly now.