Limp Mode

Part-Timer

Reaction score
I've got a 2.0 TDI 16V AUDI A3 2004 BKD

I'm pretty much a novice,but I've been reading and reading about limp mode, trying to learn and fix before anything else.

I'm on my second turbo within 6 months.

After replacing the turbo, I've still got limp mode, can barely drive the car without it going into limp mode.

Prior to fitting the turbo it was showing, P0234 Boost Pressure Control Above Control Limit, after 2nd hand turbo it is still showing P0234 Boost Pressure Control Above Control Limit.

I've fitted a new Vacuum Solenoid Block , no difference at all.

Also on this unit which I've had fitted for last 6 weeks, I've used forte turbo cleaner twice mixed in with the fuel at a very strong ratio, revive turbo cleaner sprayed in after MAF sensor and last of all Mr Muscle oven cleaner twice through egr blanking plate. First time around 2 hours, 2nd time overnight. Loads of black smoke come out on both occasions but still getting limp mode.

With the Mr Muscle, when I was pushing the actuator down, it would only move around 5mm, maybe at maximum 8mm, I cut my finger due to persistently trying to push it any further thinking it could be stuck.. Is this the actuator the problem, or could it be also something else, (or as well, because it was limping out on the old turbo which my mechanic had down as something to do with the egr, removed egr and deleted and fitted this turbo which is still doing it. Much better performance 6 weeks ago, just limping out on motorway at high speed but now its pretty much undrivable without limping out even on school run never mind uphill on the motorway)

Removing turbo, giving it a good clean inside the vanes meanwhile fitting and correctly syncing a new actuator would this solve all problems ?

Thinking about a new MAP sensor or 3 or 4 bar Map sensor?

Any response would be much appreciated.

Kindest regards

You could try a Hydrogen Carbon Clean, had similar problems and gave this guy a shout this is a new concept were your full system get cleaned out with hydrogen mixed with distilled water, worked a treat no more limp mode and performing great, this guy is in West Lothian but maybe worth travelling rather than throw money at it