Limited budget Remap or exhaust?

tku

Reaction score
Ok guys, well basically as title of thread shows I am on a limited budget of roughly £600 give or take another 100 either way for my first mod on the S3. I have narrowed the options down to either a Revo map which will also include the switch so about £650 which will probably be done by Votex in Cheshire or go for a downpipe and cat from Mv Sport which is about 500-550 plus fitting. Any opinions welcome on which would be suggested first? :icon_thumright:

Personally i would go for the exhaust then airfilter and then a custom remap, allowing for the new exhaust/filter at a later date.

Go for the remap - Votex are excellent (speak to Mike) and Revo Stage 1 is phenomenal.
If you get an exhaust you will have to get an intake too (waste of time otherwise as you aren't getting the air in to justify the wider bore exhaust).
If you get the intake you'll probably be seeing 340bhp and will need a new clutch. Then you may as well get the fuel pump and go Stage 2+.
By then you've spent £3,000 (but you'll have a SERIOUSLY quick car) .
So go Stage 1 and enjoy it.

Stage 1 Remap.
Makes a huge difference, especially for the money.

As Iggu said, Stage 2 = New clutch = £££££££s

And you can enjoy all of the beneifits of the remap while you save for the bolts ons to go Stage 2+ if you so wish.

TBH Im still happy with Stage 1, 18months on, car still feels real world quick.

Now go and get that remap.:icon_thumright:

Cheers
Paul

Thanks chaps! Think I have made the decision or you have for me..Revo it is..Will phone to book in this week!:icon_thumright:

Good lad and you will love the revo remap .

Oh my I've just missed a special easter offer of £100 off revo software..ended today! Grr..

im sure if you talk to them, they will sort something out for you. haggle - the economy allows us to! ;)

what about a group buy......would that then offer a better discount as I too will be looking to stage 1 soon?

I doubt we will be able to get back this great offer £100 off..however we could always try...only problem is everyone will be getting it done at different dealers..I'm going to Cheshire.

well you dont ask you dont get lol, but as its all centrally based, as in revo, surely they could apply the discount but always worth asking :icon_thumright:

Exhaust then remap.
Why?
The remap will make his car much faster for half the price of an exhaust:confused:

The exhaust will sound nice but yield minimal performance gains and is only really necessary with Stage 2/2+ and as part of a series of bolt ons.

Cheers
Paul

Why?
The remap will make his car much faster for half the price of an exhaust:confused:

The exhaust will sound nice but yield minimal performance gains and is only really necessary with Stage 2/2+ and as part of a series of bolt ons.

Cheers
Paul

True - his budget is £650 which means he's only considering a cat-back anyway. No performance increase there whatsoever.
Remap is the only logical choice with £650.

Well my exhaust makes my turbo come in quicker, sounds nice and looks nice, thats why :moa: Then I mapped it for the icing on the cake

Ok maybe so, but his S3 certainly wont respond to those mods in that way.
And certainly not for £650.

I would negotiate a £500 cash deal with a REVO agent and spend the remainder on back copies of Razzle.

Cheers
Paul

I doubt we will be able to get back this great offer £100 off..however we could always try...only problem is everyone will be getting it done at different dealers..I'm going to Cheshire.

I could meet you halfway somewhere as im in Cumbria. Would want RR done also though. Any news on getting it done with the Easter special?

I could meet you halfway somewhere as im in Cumbria. Would want RR done also though. Any news on getting it done with the Easter special?

Not called yet! Although I will be later on this week to find out some prices and book..If I do get it done in Cheshire by Votex then it will be just a datalogging thing on the road I presume and not on the RR as you have requested as I dont think they have one. They are reputable and I have heard good things about them.

Not called yet! Although I will be later on this week to find out some prices and book..If I do get it done in Cheshire by Votex then it will be just a datalogging thing on the road I presume and not on the RR as you have requested as I dont think they have one. They are reputable and I have heard good things about them.

if you can find out about a group buy an if thee is a decent discount then it could make the trip up from london for me worth while lol :icon_thumright:

Well I am waiting for my phone call back so if anyone else is interested, let me know now!!! Then I can ask nicely....