Lightweight/Good looking alloys

indiemike

ZoomZoom
Reaction score
As above looking for a new set of alloys. After a good set of 18"s that are light weight but also look good on a imola yellow s3

any ideas please

thanks mike

BBS CH Black Edition. :hubbahubba:
I wouldn't mind a set myself or some Sportecs.

lenso sco2 in bronz? black pro-race 1.2? oz's ect ect ect

BBS all the way mate if you want lightweight, strong and good looking alloys. The only problem is they are not cheap, but then you get what you pay for with BBS rims! :cool:

Team Dynamics have some of the lightest alloys around.

also try http://www.raderwerks.com/

They have a range or good lookers

for example the M-TEN85

18x8.0 F / 18x9.0 R or 18x8.0 R
5x100
ET35 F / ET35 R
24.0lbs
$899.95/set of 4

rw_wheel_mten85s.jpg

Last edited:
Team pro race 1.2 or BBS CH or lm, I think the 1.2 is the lightest though!

Sandip your link throws up virus detection! hmm :scared2:

The type m version 2 in bronze would look interesting on a yellow 8L, there hasn't been an 8L with bronze wheels yet. With an offset of 25 the centre would dip inwards more so i think it would compliment the S3's chunky arches. I've priced these wheels up from a dealer down south and surprisingly for lightweight wheels they are priced fairly:)

All depends on if you want looks or want to blend in, personally if i was going lightweight i'd want to show them off and i think the bronze would look very tasty on your imola:yes:

I had 18" TD 1.2s on my Mk5 R32 and you could feel the difference, turn in was sharper, and felt more spritelier!

Sandip...thing is mate, the offset wont be 25 will it? What wheels will fit the S3 nicely and have an inward dish?

G

get on edition38.com, some of the best wheels around going on there, best site ive found by far!!

have to say im quite tempted by some porsche splits on edition38....dont like spending over 1k on just wheels tho!!

i dunno ya know, i hate the chav image yet theres always shed loads of every type of alloy you could want, pages and pages of them daily

I personally love the Euro look. Kev's car is just stunning, his plans for it are also going to be great! I'm after the M3 CSL look if you get what I mean, dished concaved centres with the spokes of the wheels going inward towards the hub. It's certainly different and think it would look great. I was set on S8 Avus wheels (OEM look just 1" bigger) but now I'm set on Euro look.

Watch this space.

G

Blimey! They must be made of Titanium or Magnesium or something? I wonder how much of a difference it would make having all four wheels weighing in at just over 10kg, rather than the usual 40-50kg!

I prefer the BBS RC, found the Golf mk4 Anni.

bbs_rc_bsp_ci3_l.jpg

ive got these wheels on my S3, they have had a really tough time on our BAD Greek roads and still are in top shape.. very light and strong..
i saw a big difference compared to stock 17in rims in weight..

ive got these wheels on my S3, they have had a really tough time on our BAD Greek roads and still are in top shape.. very light and strong..
i saw a big difference compared to stock 17in rims in weight..

Steve, have you got any pics mate?

Or you could swap me your std S3 17" Avus alloys with my 18" Team Dynamics Pro 1.2. Looking for as much tyre as possible!!

Img10sm.jpg
Img010sm.jpg