Lights!

Reaction score
Why cant we turn off our lights? its like i no longer have full control of the car, if its darkish and you choose the off option the come on as you drive away back on auto, i have mine on late aswell and it still wants them on through the day if its a little darkish

Safety. Why would you want them off?

Reactions: Brian Leslie, AdamInKent and abmat
yup, this annoyed me greatly! previous cars I had you can put it on Auto (so the car does what it wants), or on 0 (only DLRs) or forced sidelights, or forced headlights! I think the light sensor is on the other side of the rear view mirror, and well in front of that is my dash cam, so....it tends to come on when it's still brightish!

You used to be able to turn the DRL's off with VCDS on the 8V. Not sure if it's available for the 8Y yet though

TBH this is one of the most useful features of modern cars. If the driver is too lazy to turn lights on when needed, then the car can do it better than them.
The amount of cars without any lights we see during dawn/dusk/low visibility is mind boggling.

Reactions: vatdim, Vic20, jet_andy and 3 others
This happened to me for the first time tonight, after three years of ownership (I usually just leave the lights in Auto, but switched them off whilst the windscreen was demisting). The car helpfully switched the lights back on (and into Auto mode) when I pulled away. That's definitely a helpful feature in my book.

Reactions: Vic20