Lights on instrument cluster + battery drain

Kieron83

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

I have a 2004 3.0tdi where the nearside indicator light along with another light remain on the dash the whole time. The battery will eventually drain over night. Exterior indicator bulbs all work how they should. I've read that the hazard light switch relays could be the problem, but I have a different switch with no relays.

Carpets look and feel dry, so don't think it's water ingress? Car starts perfect and everything appears to be working. I've also checked all doors lock with the fob from the inside ( as read it could be a faulty door lock) but all locks work fine.

ABS light is on but I'm guessing this could be because I keep disconnecting the battery to stop if from draining as it was fine before.

Couple of fault codes (Not scanned with vagcom) one being ABS and the other being the steering angle sensor.

Checked the CCM in the boot and that looks perfect.

Attached a couple of pics. Any ideas?

Hopefully you've read all this without getting bored

Thanks

Attachments

• 20220201_122534.jpg
    20220201_122534.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 114
  • 20220201_123052.jpg
    20220201_123052.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 80
Ideally need to stick a meter or fuse point load tester to see where it's draining, then you can narrow down the draw.

Could be a bad earth, check earth bonding points and also for any corrosion on the lamp units.

Thank you.

So after being on holiday for the past couple of weeks, I've spent today cleaning all earth points and checking connections. The only problem I have now are the RPM and MPH dash needle lights flickering all the time, even when locked.

Any more ideas? I think I've tried everything now