Lights on, buzzing noise from the rear??

norad97

Reaction score
Hi,
found a bit of an odd one today, (or mabe not)
So started the car, switched on the lights, a slight buzzing noise in the car, switch off the lights, no noise,
switch on the lights, buzzing noise again, turn off engine, music ect and lights off.
no ignition on or engine runing, all quite, switch on lights only, buzzing noise again, seems to be from the
rear. But need to check at weekend.

I have this problem too, I was told it was a bad earth to the rnse unit I have, tried manually earthing it while I had it out but still had the same problem.

Do you have the Bose system in your car?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi,
found a bit of an odd one today, (or mabe not)
So started the car, switched on the lights, a slight buzzing noise in the car, switch off the lights, no noise,
switch on the lights, buzzing noise again, turn off engine, music ect and lights off.
no ignition on or engine runing, all quite, switch on lights only, buzzing noise again, seems to be from the
rear. But need to check at weekend.

What lights do you have halogens or HIDs?

Mine makes the same noise not exactly from the rear but audible, i have HIDs, first car ive had that has HIDs so ive always thought it was normal!

Hi, Sorry for the delay on checking, so get in the car no key in ignition, everthing off, turn on side lights and buzzing sound, traced the sound coming
from the rear door speaker on drivers side,??? not sure what is causing it, bad earth maybe or how the lights even affect that speaker???

Another update, when i got the car I fitted a factory bluetooth that came with an adaptor loom, plugged it in RSNE all worked so no ploblems,
never put the lights on as it was still light in summer. i think it might be a connector in the loom, I will remove the loom the weekend and test using
the original loom, will report back.

Noise through the speakers tied to lights is a sign of a bad ground or running the ground wire too close to a power wire. Find the last electrical item (your bluetooth loom) and check the ground to make sure it's on good and exposed or loose.

Hi, I removed the loom that has the OEM bluetooth on and reconnected the factory plug, the noise from the rear right speaker had gone.
So i guess it must be the bluetooth loom some how? It will take some finding, so I left the bluetooth disconected for now. need more time to find out what the issue is, I did think about grounding the RNSE unit with a wire from the case, but not tried yet,