lights not working a3 sport back 2008

Steve hemmings

Reaction score
Need some help. Iv got an a3 sport back 2008 and my lights are failing the only lights still working are.
(Drivers front) main. dip and fog.
(Pass front) small side
(Drivers rear) main. Reverse
(Pass rear) main
All fuses ok. And tryed another main switch.
And when I was checking the main rear lights started to flicker. Hope you can help

Firstly I would suggest you have a look at all the wiring incase you have any breaks , open wires , and check nothing is there that shouldn't be there .
Secondly if you can get a scan done on your car ( have a look at sites Vcd's map , see if s member could do for you ) and see if you have fault codes ( which I assume you would av ) and then we can try and help you from there

Check the fuse box under the bonnet.there should be a green fuse by itself if that blows or melts it causes similar issues

You haven't mentioned if you tried replacing these bulbs.
Did you replace them and they have failed again, or is this the first failure and they have all started to go at once?
Most bulbs have a limited life so it's worth considering that they may be quite old and were ready to blow.

Iv had the back lights go a couple of times before but that's it. Other than that it's been a good car. Iv checked the bulbs even put another pass light in but still the same. Iv checked the fuses under the bonnet tonight and all seem fine. Parts are not a problem as my brother in law breaks them. Just knowing what part I need.

Scanning will help determine if it's electrical faults

Reactions: Daveyonthemove
Any news ? Same problem no LED had mine plugged in no fault