Lighting pack, optional extra..

Shogun

Reaction score
Hey guys, daft nooby question as ive only had the car a week

could not believe the glovebox didnt have a light.. after doing some digging i assumed correct that footwell lights and glovebox etc is an extra,

my question is.. has anyone bought the kit and had it fitted, would audi even do it, or would it just be a fortune and easier to live without lol

im not the best at hard wiring, ive done it on old cars but i dont wanna mess with this one, so was just wondering.. cheers guys :kissmyrings:

Contact t8ups for the kit and if @NHN is in your area he retrofits kits etc

Reactions: Shogun
I got my b8 at the end of October and was totally shocked at the lack of glove box light too! Light pack also includes the heater vent dial things!

It's not a simple mod but it should be doable in under 30 mins with the right tools :)

30 mins.. Haha mate it would take me all week and Id still mess it up!
You busy :p

Join the club, took delivery last week. Was just about to phone the dealers up to say the glovebox lamp bulb had blown, then realised it didn't have one in the first place.

Audi's optional extra policy - it never ceases to amaze (and frustrate!) Why are the most fundamental of things still optional?

As said.

I can do a b8 kit if needed to retrofit.

I can also fit them in for you guys too.

I also do interior led upgrades for the lamps they have managed to put in.

Thanks
Trups

Hi Luke.

In wellingborough.

I can fit the footwells, 4 doors and glove box.

Can't do the vents and if you wanted the door handle light I can quote for them too but they are expensive for what they are?

Trups

Reactions: V6 Quatt
My brother lives in Northampton so could combine it with a visit to his! How long does it normally take you to do? Will defo get in touch with you in the new year. Footwell, doors and glovebox is all I'd want, personally I think the door handles are pretty 'gimmicky' anyway!
How much would that be likely to be?
Cheers
Luke

My brother lives in Northampton so could combine it with a visit to his! How long does it normally take you to do? Will defo get in touch with you in the new year. Footwell, doors and glovebox is all I'd want, personally I think the door handles are pretty 'gimmicky' anyway!
How much would that be likely to be?
Cheers
Luke

Hi.

So pricing as follows on retrofit kit.
Glove box Loom, lamp and LED - £20
Doors - Red door lamp, white lamp - Loom and LED's £37 per door.
Footwell Front and rear white lamps with loom and LED's - £50.

I would fit and code all for £80 and would take roughly 3 hours to do.

Then to finish the rest of the interior off in LED's for a Saloon would be £24 or £32 for Avant.

Thanks
trups

Reactions: Kalashnikov
Hi.

So pricing as follows on retrofit kit.
Glove box Loom, lamp and LED - £20
Footwell Front and rear white lamps with loom and LED's - £50.

Thanks
trups

Trups, what's the price to fit above only.?thanks

£25 to fit and code just them.
Hi Guys,

Got an A4 Black Edition same problem no light pack. Does anyone retro fit Scotland Glasgow area or as close as

thanks Guys

Hi, keen to know also if anyone in central Scotland can do the above retro fits , (Glasgow)

If u can't get to Trups I'd suggest having a go yourself if your keen...there's no cutting needed for footwells or glovebox...was a pretty easy task difficultly in the footwell is threading the cable from front to back. I got my kit from Trups though very well made products

I'm very interested in upgrading all the interior lighting in our A4 b8 Avant as well as adding the footwell lights

Reactions: t8ups
Thanks Trups will have a look at JMB . Cheers

T8ups does your kits come with diagrams/instructions? Interested in g box, foot wells and led for a4 avant.

They don't no, but I will send you the info you need to get them installed so you can get them in without a problem.

Thanks
Trups

Thanks. How much for interior and rear number plate (if you do them)? Pm me or text on 07919252224. Ta.

I've just got the number plate LEDs, front fogs, glove box light kit (mine doesn't have a light) looking forward to getting it fitted once I get the motor back from service

Reactions: AU11 ALS
Another happy customer of trups! Fitted number plate lights, <5mins, front fogs by removing them 2screws each <10 mins both and glove box kit. 20 mins. For the glovebox I removed the 2 trims under dash, connected switches etc. Earth from bolt near fuse box and live from bolt with the red wires under drivers side dash.

Reactions: AU11 ALS
It's a shame that the amount of money you spend on a Audi, you would think they would be fitted as standard !! :audibash:

It's a shame that the amount of money you spend on a Audi, you would think they would be fitted as standard !! :audibash:

Totally agree, had ordered lighting pack on my A5 BE but dealer screwed up and was missed off.. Not having a glove box light is pretty poor.... I'm sure I had one in my 1977 Cavalier!!

Reactions: mike60e
Totally agree, had ordered lighting pack on my A5 BE but dealer screwed up and was missed off.. Not having a glove box light is pretty poor.... I'm sure I had one in my 1977 Cavalier!!

I couldn't believe it at first that it was a option. All the other cars i've had up to my old VW Golf mk5, have had them as standard. :banghead:

£150 option - comes with the visor, footwell & puddle lights though. not quiet sure why a glovebox light is important, saying that i opted for the light pack.. :/

i'd like my footwell lights to stay on all the time, my mates Leon FR has the same and they stay on..... it's just not fair!!

So am I right in thinking that the wiring loom to the doors is there it just needs plugging in to ?

hello would anyone be able to complete he lighting pack in the iverpool area ?
thanks frank

Reactions: t8ups