Light malfunction warning

Obvs

Reaction score
Evening,

Got a warning come up on the A3, 2013 S line, as listed "light malfunction".

Checked lights, can't see any un-operational, did scan in VCDS and no faults stored? All lights are led as fitted from new, and Xenons again standard.
Only thing I have done is retrofitted auto lights approx 6 months ago with out problems, so can't see it being this.

Any one come across this before?

Thanks

Wife had a "light malfunction" on her A1 (xenon's) with no bulbs out and when she took it in it was the module. Audi Tech reset it !!!! :blink:

Reactions: Rob2k68 and pburv
Thanks for that, I'll have another look but ****** frustrating. Doesn't seem to come on when Vcds is plugged in which seems bizarre.

I think the fault is down to headlights but could someone clarify the self levelling normally drops and rises again to find level when first turned on?
I know the older models do but can't remember on mine as the wife normally drives it, and the headlights aren't "finding level" like I thought they did?
Any help/checking if own xenons would be appreciated.

I think the fault is down to headlights but could someone clarify the self levelling normally drops and rises again to find level when first turned on?

Yes, my xenons drop and rise when first turned on.

Brilliant, thanks. I was sure they did but started doubting myself. At least I'm getting somewhere towards finding the area of the fault.