Light issues 2011 A3 1.6

Raincheck

Sucking diesel..!
Reaction score
Hi,

My 2011 A3 suddenly has some head light, indicator and number plate issues here a list of whats working and not. Checked the bulbs and they seem to be okay same for the fuses (inside and under the hood)
Maybe someone out there had some similar issues help tips are more then welcome.

Right:
City light okay
Headlight no
High beam no
Indicator no
Mirror indicator okay
Rear break okay
Rear light okay
Rear indicator okay
Number plate no
Reverse light okay

Left :
City light okay
Headlight okay
High beam okay
Indicator okay
Mirror indicator okay
Rear break okay
Rear light okay
Rear indicator no
Number plate no
rear fog light okay

Center break light okay

All is standard

Thanks in advance,
Rain

Is there any chance your rear window washer maybe leaking messing up the number plate bulbs? And that possibly being the cause of the other bulbs playing up. Might be worth a check as when I had problems with my number plate bulbs it messed my rear lights up.

They're all controlled via the CE module, maybe some shorting is being causing by water, but it needs checking to be sure.

Hi Nigel,

Can you tell me were to find this CE module

Thanks

This morning all was fine but when I stopped the car and started again the same issues

I just realised who you were bud sorry been a while lol, its above drivers footwell, maybe a grounding issue if it works when driving & stopped again.

Update,

Today I had a look as my light were still intermittent failing, first I went to the Audi dealer to have it fixed but they would charge €260 to have it checked!
Then I discovered one fuse was faulty not clear visible from above (30 amp) replaced and and all is working again.

Should I be worried about this?

30-amp1.jpg

30-amp2.jpg