Light error after replacing tail light

Fraysa

Reaction score
Hey everyone.

My friend owns a C6 which he just got recently and the left tail light had a crack in the plastic (LED tail lights) so he bought a new one (same one, made by Valeo).

Ever since replacing the tail light he’s been getting bulb out errors on the dash for right and left tail lights.

I connected VCDS but couldn’t get any error code to show up so I’m suspecting it’s the light themselves - however they light up normally and function good.

We removed the right tail light (the one he didn’t replace) and we saw the green wire and the brown wire exposed, like someone connected something to them.

Could it be the issue? Like if someone retrofitted LED tail lights and installed some canbus adapter? I would suspect it is but the lights are made by Valeo and not some eBay aftermarket lights.

Thanks.

And they are the correct ones for his car?

I assume the light removed didn't have anything attached to it that would symbolise an adaption?

And they are the correct ones for his car?

I assume the light removed didn't have anything attached to it that would symbolise an adaption?

Nope. His front lights are LED so I assumed it was factory but the exposed wires from the right tail light made me suspect the previous owner put some sort of adapter.

He put the same taillight unit as the right one, I compared them both.