Light bulb change

Scottyg

Reaction score
Finally got round to changing my yellowish OME bulbs to Philips WhiteVision. Only change the 5W5 and H7s so side lights and dipped. Anyone else use these? Not had a chance to see them in the dark yet. Side 5W5s were easy to change but the H7s were a little trickier. Got there in the end.

Finally got round to changing my yellowish OME bulbs to Philips WhiteVision. Only change the 5W5 and H7s so side lights and dipped. Anyone else use these? Not had a chance to see them in the dark yet. Side 5W5s were easy to change but the H7s were a little trickier. Got there in the end.

Can I ask where you got your bulbs from my side lights are the ugly yellow. Dipped are white from the factory along with the fogs so the sides really drive me nuts since I noticed on Monday.

I got them, believe it or not from a tiny wee car store in St.Annes were I am on holiday. I asked about them on the Monday and had them in the Tuesday. They come as a 5W5 pair and a H7 pair in one box for £35.
Here's the link to the shop. Phone him up and I'm sure he'd post them to you. He was very helpful when I went in. Just say the Scottish guy that was down on holiday told you about him.
http://car-torque.co.uk

Reactions: Minion Bob!
The H7 are a PITA to change, I've got Philip's X-Treme vision in mine, the sidelights are a walk in the park. Don't know why they couldn't have used the same mechanism on the H7's... I've also done the H15 (DRL's). Light output isn't as good though and can only really be used in summer months. Vision in the winter on full beam is awful!

Got one H7 done in a matter of seconds. However, the other one took about 20mins. Left side one looking at the car. Couldn't get it lined up. Must have been lucky with the passenger side one!
Don't do a lot of night driving. Was looking for a whiter light. Will take photos when dark to see difference!

Previously l used Autobulbs.co.uk and their sister company HIDS4U.CO.UK.........between them you will the best bulbs available and also the best LED DRL bulbs,not cheap, but the LED bulbs they sell are very good indeed if not the brightest on the market.

No Chinese Gash

Yeah, I have LED side lights, they're just plug and play, not sure about H7 LEDs though

Sidelight:
f2552fe4ff9e3fe2179208bbd6abef8d.jpg

Sidelight with dipped beam:
803edecdf938dff055e5b8357b8aa921.jpg

Thats an amazing amount of light from the side lights! Gona have to see if I can get myself some of these!
If I remember rightly I bought these from eBay (no name) they were a couple of quid. I'd previously tried CREE but they were too fat to fit through the hole. I also tried Osram ones that were £££ but the colour was iffy.

These eBay ones have been in the car over a year and they're fantastic!

I tell a lie..... They were from Amazon:

2 package T10 NEW CHIP TECHNOLOGY CAR LIGHT 1w, perfect to replace Standard 501 W5W T10 168 194 Bulbs, WILL FIT BMW 3-SERIES E46 (1998-2005) Amazon product

My order for these was cancelled as I didn't receive them and got my money back. Guess what turned up today?? Two free bulbs. Very very white. Next to my Philips White Vision the Philips are yellow. Cheers for the heads up.
That's mad! A similar thing happened to me! I complained they didn't turn up, so he sent them again. Two sets arrived on the same day a few weeks later. They're a really good colour arent they! No errors at all and touch wood they've lasted well. Glad you like them :)

Had to go back to my Philips White Vision 5W5s. Left LED kept popping up as error. Even fully in and fitted correctly. Bummer!