LHD Headlights on RHD

Pubemammal

Reaction score
Hey hey, I've spotted some facelift style headlights for my pre-facelift A3 with black inserts instead of chrome which I much prefer.. However they are from Germany so likely to be for the LHD cars over there.

Will the beam pattern be different, is there a way to change it and is it an MOT failure?

I cannot find these headlights anywhere else!

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=111290043776&alt=web

Cheers guys 👍

I had some once and got sick of people flashing me as they point the other way towards oncoming cars I guess it looked like they were on full beam and dazzled everyone I would try and get some rhd ones if you can

I had some once and got sick of people flashing me as they point the other way towards oncoming cars I guess it looked like they were on full beam and dazzled everyone I would try and get some rhd ones if you can
Ah damn. OK cheers bud 👌

Just to add I ended up buying some face lift lights from a standard a3 and converted them to take the xenon lamps and payed £50 for the fronts and rears look on eBay at someone breaking a face lift a3

Yeah that's what I was planning on doing but then I saw the black ones... They will still need converting as they're for a facelift aswel. Looks like I'm going to get the standard ones! Did you just reuse your old loom or did you buy an adaptor cable?

I reused the old loom the 2 spade connectors for the lamp I connected to the supply side of the ballast as it's just a 12v feed when you turn the lights on so all works simple really and as for the fitting of the face lift lights all you need to do is trim the bit on the wing where the I indicator from the 2 peice lights fits on and they fit in nicely

Reactions: Pubemammal
Adaptor cables is easy to make using your old loom and the facelift plug

Some projectors are adjustable and have a lever inside to switch from LHD to RHD.

However you have to be careful as some have the lever but dont do a full conversion, and only give you the equivalent of those stick-on things you get for driving on the continent.

If those are still for sale can you point me to it?. I have a lhd s3 and might be interrested in headlights