Lews build thread

Lewbo

Reaction score
Been on here for a while now and thought inwould start a build thread of my current a3 s line 2.0 tfsi dsg 57, I have done may mods to my car and here is everything I have done to my car from getting it and to today with a facelift.
Here it is when I got the car
bc359b19.jpg

1st to go was the horrible wheels so I purchased some genuine a6 le mans 19" wheels
6d19bd95.jpg

Next to come was the FBMFSW already had MF so wa plug and play
600d833e.jpg

Then a s3 body kit come up too cheap to miss and wanted rid of them sideskirts so got them fitted and after selling my old
S line bumpers I even made money lol.
66e8a1f2.jpg

b551b716.jpg

Then last week I purchased a set of genuine 2010 18" audi s3 black alloys as 19" were a bit of a harsh ride. Then a few days later a full 2010 s3 front end was up for sale and purchased straight away as I was going to buy an 8p3 but cheaper to facelift instead and save alot of money.
I started stripping my front end for the facelift yesterday at 3pm and by 9pm it was all done and finished with everything working, already had factory fit bi-xenons as you can see. so the new headlights worked with a little coding to get the drl LEDs working as I also have K module fitted. All worke with no dis errors so was a bonus. I haven't fitted the door mirrors yet as I can't get hold of any but they also will be plug and play as I have door module J which is facelift one here a few pics take today.
a9c8b888.jpg

bde4fffd.jpg

921a3e6b.jpg

All comments welcome thanks.

Reactions: Harrelson
Looking Great Mate ...:wub: .....Did u do all the work your self for the facelift ?

Thanks mate and yes did it All by myself with a lurks help from a friend went easier than I thought to be honest, planned for it to take a weekend and took 6 hours lol

Thanks mate and yes did it All by myself with a lurks help from a friend went easier than I thought to be honest, planned for it to take a weekend and took 6 hours lol

WOW.....Fastest facelift I've ever heard of.....:w00t: ...Mine took like 4 weeks to do .....But I so-pose I had more to do like spraying all the body parts and the rear to do as well......Even thou...the people where doing it where a bit lazy ......

Bit of help* ****** iPhone lol

I know I thought that lol it's the joys of been able to do everything yourself, i recieved bits monday, tuesday It took
Me 4 hours to strip the new parts down and flat off and primer for painting and then on Wednesday they where painted by a good friend of mine and then yesterday is when i did the facelift very happy with the results, I only had a weekend to do the car as I need my car. Really wasn't expecting to get it done quick as it did. Lol

Bet them 4 weeks dragged didn't they lol

looks good. the back wheels look like they need spacers

Looks top notch, Buddy. I did like your 8P2 S-Line look before too, but this is even better! :wub: x

Just a little update I have now fitted my facelift dumbo wing mirrors in black, managed to get power fold and auto dimming which is what I had before :), all worked plug and play just coding for the indicators, as I have the facelift J door module from factory.
Then I purchased some s3 chrome foot pedals really finish the inside off :), then while I was fitting my door mirrors I also fitted Bose led speaker grills i ordered few weeks ago. Look awesome on the night ;), here are few pics.
cf3f8dfb.jpg

11789e14.jpg

Lovely Mate.....all you need now is the new Clusters...Then it's a Rap....lol

This car is a thing of beauty.
Thanks bud a lot of hard work nearly there now though :)
Lovely Mate.....all you need now is the new Clusters...Then it's a Rap....lol
Thanks matey, Yes I know I could of got some the other day for £90 all in with delivery but I dont know where to get it coded in don't think Audi near me will be able to there useless, and I know once it's in there's a few things I need to reset with vag-com which I have but don't know wether it's worth the money still debating lol

Where did you see it for £90 ?

On bay of the E but they have sold now buddy. You after some?

So £90 seemed bit of a bargain then lol let me know how you get on at fitting them cos still might do this myself.

So £90 seemed bit of a bargain then lol let me know how you get on at fitting them cos still might do this myself.

Sure...But it will probably be some time....as it's expensive and I'll need to get a New Fuel Pump.

Nice work, respect ya more for it cos done it yourself. Something I'd NEVER attempt due to lack of expertise or patience ;D

how much work was involed in the 8p3 front end i have done a sport to sline that was a pain but did you need vagcom ect?

I prefer the s-line front end for some reason :/, good work though

Nice work, respect ya more for it cos done it yourself. Something I'd NEVER attempt due to lack of expertise or patience ;D
Thanks alot, to be honest I was very cautious at doing it but just went for it and was easier than I thought, everything is just bolt on bolt off just wings take a bit of time but like I said took me 6 hours from start to finish for everything including coding lol. Best mod I ever did.

how much work was involed in the 8p3 front end i have done a sport to sline that was a pain but did you need vagcom ect?
Wasn't too bad as said above just Bolt on and off except the wings, the front panel just had to be pushed over to one side to get a fixing and then jack it up before tightening up the bolts on the chassis legs. I would do this again for sure lol.

Maybe you prefer in pics but in the flesh it's a hell of a lot nicer specially when the led drls are on