Letter from Dealer

octagon

Reaction score
Website
ghf.flat-line.com
Yesterday I received a letter from the dealer I bought my A3 (8L chasis) from.Offering me something for nothing, thier words :p
anyway they are supposedly offering me a 3.2 A3 quattro for the price of the 2.0 FSI.
whats the difference in price between the two models before options?
Is this a regular occurence for dealers to offer this type of deal?
It sounds good but I can't help thinking there is a catch.

Sounds excellent to me - most likely someone has ordered the 3.2 and cancelled their order or something. Check the registration date. Ask them for an explanation - the difference in list price is around £4K for the base model I think or possibly more. Just make sure you get the whole story from them.

I dont think it is restricted to one car.They say there is a limited amount on offer.Ill give em a ring and see what the story is.
Just thought it was a bit unusual.

Agreed it sounds unusual but would be a great deal even if there was a catch such as earlier reg or something about to be superseded. Having said that the only design revision on the cards is the 3-door getting the sportback front at some point this year. I don't suppose they might be trying to clear stock before that? I am not sure when that revision was scheduled to take effect.

That sounds like a great deal, even if they're pre-registered models.

2.0 FSI - £17,320 List price
2.0 FSI SE - £19,320 List price
2.0 FSI Sport - £19,320 List price
3.2 Quattro - £24,125 List price

Worst case scenario gives you 20% discount.

Sounds very good. The 3.2 comes in Sport guise only, so logically it'll be almost a £5k discount. Shocking!! I knew the 3.2 would end up being a white elephant on the second hand market.

yeah thats the catch then lol. its the turbo 2.0 FSI.
Ah well I wasn't in the market for the 3.2 anyway /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif