Letter from Audi.

Ajcman

Reaction score
Hello, did anyone else receive a letter from Audi saying that there car has failed to meet emission standards? They say it's only the 2.0 TDI and the 1.6 TDI that are effected and that for the 2.0 TDI it's a 30 min software update.

Anyone else get this letter? Or am I late in getting it?

We got two letters from Volkswagen same thing and they will be in touch soon .

Yeah got mine today what worried me is the bit about power output I can c performance dropping and running like a bag of spanners. I'd like someone have the software update on there 170 then have a rolling road test ?

Yeah I also received the letter.
Unless they can guarantee to me that the software won't remove my remap or that they will pay for me to have it remapped again they I won't be having the update done by them.

Just ignore it, you don't have to get it done and your car will not be illegal if you don't and it will
Still pass MOT. if your car is mapped it will also get rid of that

Reactions: jimojameso and Ajcman
I heard that a Golf GTD had it done and he had lost so much power he went back and told them to take the update of and reset the software back to the way it was before. i'm a bit concerned regarding this now

Yeah I think I'll give it a miss unless they offer me a few k compo as well lol

Reactions: Bramley
Hi, Yes I got my letter today as well. As I understand it, the 'fix' will remove any after market re-map installed and re-install a new version of the factory map with out the emissions 'cheating' software. Personally, as my car is re-mapped I don't think I will bother with the Audi fix, unless I really have to.
I also believe there is the possibility that if you have had cruise control retrofitted, unless it was coded in by the main dealer (using the official interface software), then you may also have to have this recoded in as well, but don't quote me on that.

I heard that a Golf GTD had it done and he had lost so much power he went back and told them to take the update of and reset the software back to the way it was before. i'm a bit concerned regarding this now

Crikey if that's the case we will not be getting it done on wifes GTD .

Where was this heard? As my understanding was they were rolling out the fix in 2016?

Reactions: Usmxn
Sayam,
I received a letter regarding my B8 A4 tdi (traded in just before the announcement) which said it was rolling out imminently, this was received about 2 months ago I thought,so it is possible they have already started the updates

Reactions: Sayam
I received the same letter a couple of days ago about my 2.0tdi Golf, says they will be looking to start installing the 2.0 updates early next year, once it's been rubber stamped, so not sure why some have been done already.

Same here, got my letter yesterday.... I think i might keep an eye on here and see what people are saying about their own experiences once audi have remapped the cars before i let them loose on my car. Last thing i want is my car running worse or under powered due to non cheating emissions software.

Me too, will deffo wait and see what other people's experiences are before letting them update the software.

Something has to give though. To reduce emissions they will have to reduce power or torque...if it was possible without doing so then why the need for the cheat in the first place?

A good point, why install a cheat that you don't even need, adds rank stupidity to dishonesty.
I'll be hanging off as well, at this rate nobody will be getting done!

Reactions: ROB A3 Quattro
My friend has a MK7 VW Golf 1.6TDI (company car) that went in for a service recently and the service receptionist stated that they did a "re-set". He asked whether this was due to the emissions scandal and she didn't really have a decent reply! He drove it afterwards and said the car has lost some power and torque and it's nowhere near as good.

They can get lost if they think they're turning mine down, my engine and that third ratio = heaven going up hill lol