Lets see your plates...

A3-sport

BOSE
Reaction score
... number plates...

Im looking at getting some metal pressed ones but dont want to get pulled over... :busted_cop: :blackrs4: :busted_cop:

>>>POST YOUR PICS<<<

Thanks.

your proberly going to get pulled over with metal plates, however if the text/letters are space legally it wont be as noticable.

two friends of mine have metal pressed plates, one whos letters were spaced illigal and constantly got pulled over for them being metal and incorrect spacing

however the other guy didnt get pulled over to much as they were just pressed plates.

your only other option really is to buy you plates from http://www.dubmeister.co.uk/ i think they are one of only a few companyies that produce pressed metal plates legally, with the bs (british saftey standard stamp)

and you shoudnt get pulled over, and if you did get pulled over, you can show them police that they are legal!

IMG00090-20090417-1136.jpg

IMG00091-20090417-1137.jpg

Here are my metal plates, had them on for months now, since before christmas and iv never had any trouble with the fuzz.

I like the 3/4 size ones. Had one on front of the M3 for months and never got pulled!

i've recently bought some pressed alloy plates from dubmeister but haven't fitted them yet - they are sold as being fully road legal.

PS. i'm quite liking the black number plate surrounds - are they cool or a bit naff?

Unless you are going to screw the metal plates to the car, you need those plastic surrounds to hold them in place. I've heard they can be difficult to keep stuck in place if you use the normal sticky foam pads.

bump

Im really liking the idea of metal plates but not sure on the price (£30 for plates + £7 delivery) from dubmeister.

Anyone got any more pics so that i can make my mind up of they are worth it or not?

Thanks.

ps. what are the chances of them getting nicked off the car too?

I had some pressed plates on my A3 for around a year and only got pulled twice for it. Only traffic police will bother giving you a ticket as its only 1 form (which they love). But other police can only "advise" you to change it. :blow:
Im thinking of getting some off dubmister.
Do i have to have the black surround?

I had some pressed plates on my A3 for around a year and only got pulled twice for it. Only traffic police will bother giving you a ticket as its only 1 form (which they love). But other police can only "advise" you to change it. :blow:
Im thinking of getting some off dubmister.
Do i have to have the black surround?

as someone put above; think you only have to have the black surrounds if you are sticking them on. I would use screws so wouldnt need them (i think) lol.

ah right, Cheers A3-sport. I like the suround with the nurburgring sentence on it :applaus: May buy that for the back but i dont want one on the front and i dont want to screw any holes :ermm: