lets see everyones reaction

ajmackie

Reaction score
Website
www.audi-sport.net
bearing in mind i'm young and can get away with it, what do people think to this.
have always liked them and now i'm 22 and with 1, yes that's right, 1 ncb, i can get insured.

it's a fiat barchetta btw.
it's faster than my a4, does 6mpg more, only costs bout £500 more than my a4 and has all round air conditioning and plenty of smiles per gallon!
also they're rare as! not seen one one road myself!
ignore the women in the driver's seat, which is lhd i know, bet some lads must buy small convertibles! can't quite afford my aston martin convertible at mo!
so come on what's ur objective views!
userpic_r17459.jpg

Now where did I put my scarf?

Yeah a guy i use to know bought one of these said it was fun to drive....but look at it if you had a crash it would be like sitting in a sardine can....freezing in winter too! Summer car yeah not in yellow though! Up to you mate they are supposed to be fun little cars to drive....or maybe thats just cause its LHD! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

well not a bad response CJ!
prob not as safe in a crash, but i don't intend to crash, lol!!! famous last words!
Apparently it has the best production car heater ever and if i get it retrimmed in leather, i'll fit heated seats as the kit only costs £30 from waeco. Also got to be welll cheap to have it leathered up as only 2 seats to do! I'll have a go myself, lol!
Do agree bout not in yellow, but only decent pic i could find!
i think they look so stylishly retro!
might test drive one at some point!!

Give it a go mate keep it for the summer and sell it in Septemper before the weather gets bad /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

lol! well i'm at uni in september and won't be taking my car to liverpool so will only use whatever car i have prob every other weekend. so using it all summer would be ace!!! i've been looking at these and there is not many at all in the UK for sale!
the more i look at them the more i like them!

i love the way the hood goes neatly behind a metal cover, looks well better

[image]http://pictures.autotrader.co.uk/ATD_web/servlet/media?id=171344621[/image]

Not for me AJ, kinda of looks cheap and will let you down, often.

But i can see how the youngsters would go for it, open top and 2 seats.

BTW aj consider looking for one over in France as you could possibly pick up a bargain ££££ cheaper than here for a newer model too. Worth checking out mate /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

Alfa GTV very nice but as most people on here will tell you ....running costs will bankrupt you and also too unreliable! Decision decision!!! Good luck /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

quality fun to drive mate. mate of mine has one. takes a bit of getting used to LHD though, especially parking and driving through tight gaps. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif
He's had no probs with his and he's had it 2 years now.

lol! dave!
these barchettas are getting more common now deano! but i'm thinking that they will be hard to sell on as they are left hand drive and as dave so nicely points out it's a fiat!!
so is the GTV a nightmare for costs due to repairs etc or just in general? i find my A4 quite expensive to run, but i do like it!
i've just spend a good 3 hours polishing my car with auto glym super resin and i've put it in the garage now with super gloss finish on for the perfectionist (me!). might put another coat on when that's dried too!
so i think i'm going to keep my A4 as i don't know where i'll have to drive at uni and stuff i need to take back and to. also one major thing which puts me off a barchetta is that the front wing is the right wing and the front of the car and other parts! so one dented wing = ££££ due to whole front having to be replaced! also metal is 0.7mm thin which sounds to me like dents ville!
so am going to invest the money in a leather interior instead!!!

i cant see you having trouble selling it as magically it seems to change colour, is it yellow is it green ? what will it be tomorrow? is it special paint?

Baras are fantastic little cars, comparable to an MX5 but much less common.

...the short production run sports Fiats like the Bara (and Coupe - used to own one) aren't built by Fiat so quality tends to be a great deal better.

Good little summer car I reckon, does make a TT look positively macho in comparison though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

A

[ QUOTE ]
lol! dave!
these barchettas are getting more common now deano! but i'm thinking that they will be hard to sell on as they are left hand drive and as dave so nicely points out it's a fiat!!
so is the GTV a nightmare for costs due to repairs etc or just in general? i find my A4 quite expensive to run, but i do like it!
i've just spend a good 3 hours polishing my car with auto glym super resin and i've put it in the garage now with super gloss finish on for the perfectionist (me!). might put another coat on when that's dried too!
so i think i'm going to keep my A4 as i don't know where i'll have to drive at uni and stuff i need to take back and to. also one major thing which puts me off a barchetta is that the front wing is the right wing and the front of the car and other parts! so one dented wing = ££££ due to whole front having to be replaced! also metal is 0.7mm thin which sounds to me like dents ville!
so am going to invest the money in a leather interior instead!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

GTV and my old Coupe are about on a par running costs wise .. not cheap! But then again name a 155mph+ Italian coupe that is /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

A

Hoorah. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/woohoo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/woohoo.gif

You know you are doing the right thing /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

Whats Kylie got to do with this?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_2.gif

Hello Monty, thought I recognised you!

Also ran a Fiat coupe turbo for 5 years with no problems. Fiats ain't as bad as people think.

Think you shoe horn a 20VT unit in it for a laugh.

My old man swapped two wheels for four & bought one two years ago. Great value, fun to drive, and a bit different. Had no problems with it to date.Have a look at DTR's website, a bit expensive from them but spot on for tuning & advice. Looks really neat in black. Not Audi build quality, but not Audi Money. Go for it - but not in yellow.