Let’s talk wheels and tyres.

Y10 KED

Reaction score
So I want a new set of wheels as I feel my ones are a bit boring.

I currently have the stock ones that come on the 2.0tfsi s-line saloon. They are 18”.

What wheels are you guys running ?
What size ?
What offset ?
What’s required to get them on ( spacers, etc ) ?
Where did you find best to get them from ?

I am looking to be running coilovers and want to go as low as I can with them so any information on if the wheels and sizes you are running will help or prevent that is appreciated.

You already have an optimal size wheel and low means catching the underside possibly hitting sills , sump and exhaust.

Why ruin it .

You already have an optimal size wheel and low means catching the underside possibly hitting sills , sump and exhaust.

Why ruin it .

Spoilsport.....whatever next?? “You’re only allowed to do 70mph you know??”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jack Kelly and DieselJake
He'll kill himself with oversteer at less than 70 'cause of the extra negative camber on the rear wheels reducing the contact patch this is reduced even further on heavily cambered roads .

Reactions: J0N
7E0C8B18 5418 4AE0 9C35 EE33E5FBB63F
41BD2B44 E642 4722 9CB5 850D52053566
28DB7536 9B2C 45FC 84E8 F61FD8CD0573
I’m running BBS CXR’s 19” with an et35 offset. 10mm spacers each side on the front to clear my Brembo 18z calipers and 15mm spacers each side on the rear. Looks a bit like a roller skate being a cabby but I love it. One mans meat’s another mans poison lol.

Reactions: Y10 KED and Charlie Farley
19” 8.5J et35 with 235/35/19 tyres. Lowered on Eibach Sportlines. No spacers but standard brakes. No rubbing after a Hunter 4 wheel alignment.

a8c9c1bf0016bf58cfd2dab2e3c5ba60.png

fd485daf6239e018758e707f7a8cb783.png

3c5e65ad2d7edf67f60fde3839b93dc6.png

46dc8a7daaa615fd2c4aad6bcf14283d.png

Reactions: Charlie Farley
Very nice chaps , the happy maximum would be 19" and Eibach Sportlines , renew the dampers appropriately .

There is no logical reason to go beyond this set up .

Not a lot in this world is logical.

If people want to go low with big wheels who are you to say otherwise?

If you want to go really low, you’re gonna have to be careful with tyre size to avoid rubbing, obviously offset and the like will all play a part.

There is a really good thread on audizine, in the b7 chatterbox about wheels and suspension set up.

Not quite as good as it used to be, due to photobucket doing their thing and stopping photos from sharing, but there is still info there.

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/513869-The-Official-B7-Stance-Thread

View attachment 138206 View attachment 138205 View attachment 138204 I’m running BBS CXR’s 19” with an et35 offset. 10mm spacers each side on the front to clear my Brembo 18z calipers and 15mm spacers each side on the rear. Looks a bit like a roller skate being a cabby but I love it. One mans meat’s another mans poison lol.

I really like the brakes you have, where did you get them from ? Wheels look great too might see if I can find a set of them.

Thanks Dan11 I’ll be having a read through that thread see if there is anything that helps me out

19” 8.5J et35 with 235/35/19 tyres. Lowered on Eibach Sportlines. No spacers but standard brakes. No rubbing after a Hunter 4 wheel alignment.

I really like the way your car sits I just want the coilovers to be able to go slightly lower nothing excessive just enough

How much more ?

The Eibach spring engineers have already worked out the best set up on their extra low Sportline's .

I was going to reply with a pic etc but I don't think my setup is as good as you guys...

I have just boring old audi reps etc, nothing as swanky as other guys on here.

love the alloys Jon, I would go with those when I get bored with my current rims...

I currently have the stock ones that come on the 2.0tfsi s-line saloon. They are 18”.

What size ?
What offset ?

I am looking to be running coilovers and want to go as low as I can with them so any information on if the wheels and sizes you are running will help or prevent that is appreciated.

why not just go with decent fixed ride height setup (dampers/spring ) plenty of choice aswell just don't go lower than 45mm drop all round or you may get contact issues ...

So what are the lowest springs out there ?
Where can I find them ?
Any links

What size ?
What offset ?

Something to chomp on then chap.
There are so many wheel style options out there that it does really come down to your prefered style etc.
Most guys are running 18" or 19" and a few 20" and with numerous tyre size combo's on them.
Offsets vary depending on wether its an oem rim or rep , also width of rim has to be factored in , OEM offset on b7 is from Et43 to ET45 and a few sizes either side of those.
reps can be a whole raft of offset sizes from ET29 and upwards but ET35 on an 8j rim is safe and you wont need spacers, same with 8.5j but going to a wider rim may require offsets around the 43-45 or you will get rubbing .
ET35 is 10mm more poke than oem ET45 on an 8j rim but will be more if using wider rims 8.5j upwards.

Spacers, again are personal choice really and they can be problematic depending on what thickness you want to use combined with rim offset and width.
Also keep in mind a lot , but not all reps will need the use of spigot rings and those can be problematic also , you are best getting rims with the correct bore size to start with if possible , but if not then use decent quality rings.

decide what diameter rim and width in the offset you desire and in the style you want then search the interwebby , lots of sources around but price can vary widly i'm afraid.

I have to say chap wheel choice should be really easy in theory , but as with most things audi and the a4 B7 in this case it rarely is straight forward and can be a very time consuming and a hair pulling exercise....you have been warned...lol
If you start messing around with BBK's then that moves the goal posts even more on rim choice and fitting.
sorry for the long reply and the somewhat off putting bits but better you know at the start than find out later what the format is.
good luck with it.

I have just boring old audi reps etc, nothing as swanky as other guys on here.

Being a bit modest there Rob??

well they are a bit plain compared to yours and other guys Jon....but much better since the refurb, the black paintwork reflects of them really nicely so they look a different shade depending on angle and how bright the light is , I like them a lot, I should have done them this way at the start....anyway found out the expensive way..lol

I have decided to get the spare done aswell next week so I will have a full set of 5 that are matching....cant be having odd rims on if I get a flat etc..

what I really like is the sutle colur changes from different angles etc, its like have a different set of rims on all at the same time..

Ass1
Dde1
Dde3
Dde4

I like them, have you got bigger brakes ?

So I really want some knowledge on the bigger brakes as I really want them and I think knowing how they fit will help me decide around my wheels. I want bigger brakes and don’t want to buy 2 sets of wheels. Alex Ward I’m pointing this one to you as I love the look of your kit that you have. Is it any good ? Where did you get them from ? What’s needed to get them to fit ?

View attachment 138206 View attachment 138205 View attachment 138204 I’m running BBS CXR’s 19” with an et35 offset. 10mm spacers each side on the front to clear my Brembo 18z calipers and 15mm spacers each side on the rear. Looks a bit like a roller skate being a cabby but I love it. One mans meat’s another mans poison lol.

Alex has the same brembo 18z setup as many of us, works very well but can be a pain to get rims to clear the calipers unless you start using spacers which then move the rims out further.
18" is minimum for them to fit .
Mt1

Last edited:

Alex can you just clarify , are they ET35 rims or is that after spacer thickness as I cant see how you got ET35 19" rims on with 10 and 15mm spacers , that's makes them from a poke factor ET20 on the back and 25 on the front ......
I think they are ET45 8.5j chap.

Last edited:
79C799C2 73D5 4ED8 99BC C7D48ABEDE73
Sorry for the late reply!
My Brembos are 6 pot 18z calipers which I purchased from a guy on here called Roberto666. They are refurbished Porsche Cayenne calipers. They bolt straight on to the existing hub without carriers. I’m running Mtec 345mm S5 grooved discs and genuine Brembo pads. Had to get C7 RS6 Hel brake lines and B7 RS4 pad wear sensors to get it all to work. Car stops like you wouldn’t believe lol!!! Back brakes are Mtec grooved discs again and Mintex pads. All standard size. I will upgrade the size of the back brakes at some point!
The wheels are genuine 19” BBS CXR Special Editions finished in metallic platinum . I specifically went for those as 1) i wanted BBS rims and 2) they are the same colour as my S Line grill and rear bumper valance (my cabby is a 2009 Final Edition). They weren’t cheap lol!!
Tyres are Khumo Ecsta Sport. 235/35 ZR 19
Running H&R hubcentric spacers all round. Purely to get the wheels to clear the huge calipers.
10mm each side at the front, and 15mm each side at the back.
I was going to lower the car with coilovers etc, but I’ve decided to go the custom air ride route when funds allow, so it’s currently on standard S line suspension.
No rubbing at all. The whole setup works perfectly.
CB58CFA7 70DC 43D6 A04F EED1E29EC9D7
65F3A5B8 9CC7 41C9 834A AC11F117DDCF

Last edited:
Alex can you just clarify , are they ET35 rims or is that after spacer thickness as I cant see how you got ET35 19" rims on with 10 and 15mm spacers , that's makes them from a poke factor ET20 on the back and 25 on the front ......
I think they are ET45 chap.
No they’re ET35 mate. That’s what I was advised by Rimstyle where I got the wheels from to get. I trusted them and it worked with the spacers.
Remember mines a cabby so might be slightly different to an avant.

cabs must be different then, mine are ET35 and the max I can get on the back is another 5-7mm before it rubs the wheel arch.....no way I could get 15mm extra width of a spacer plus an extra 6mm for the 8.5j rim on the back of my avant , let alone the front, tried it and its a non starter.

tractor factor or what, no way those sizes work on my avant.

Eet4

Sounds like a different track width between the two models , any technical data ?

So I am looking at ordering the brakes, I have found some that I’m happy to get, I see some people say about a metal ring for the hub ? Can someone go into further detail on this for me please,

To to clarify all I need is the calipers, bolts for the hubs. Pads, discs, rs4 pad sensors, and c7 rs6 brake lines ?

Hello everybody, there I've found some photo on my pc with my car. A4 1.8T Quattro Torsen with coil springs R&H red and wheels Speedline Corse 18" AS-7 8,5 J ET 32.I've got brakes from a4/a6 3.0 TDI but the photo is too large to post here.

Attachments

• 11350195_850410978369264_1281188035_n.jpg
    11350195_850410978369264_1281188035_n.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 128
So I am looking at ordering the brakes, I have found some that I’m happy to get, I see some people say about a metal ring for the hub ? Can someone go into further detail on this for me please,

To to clarify all I need is the calipers, bolts for the hubs. Pads, discs, rs4 pad sensors, and c7 rs6 brake lines ?
right ,can you expand on exactly what parts you have found then.

Unfortunately they have now sold :(
I’m trying to find all the parts I need, I am trying to find part numbers as searching for them makes it a bit easier but I can’t even find them now

I assume you are looking at brembo 18z calipers , yes.