Let’s talk wheels and tyres.

Yeah, I believe they are the ones that are best ? The 6 pots

Sounds like a different track width between the two models , any technical data ?

i'm just comparing the data Gaz , but it doesn't look like there is any difference but that may change by the time I finish reading...

Yeah, I believe they are the ones that are best ? The 6 pots
yep, that is what I have fitted aswell.
You'll need a pair of 18z's , discs of your choice but some will need the centre hole enlarging others don't but personal choice , pads and new caliper mounting nut and bolts, HEL lines and sensor leads if you want the sensor alert, if not use your existing plugs with the wires joined together.

there are a few guys on the forum doing the calipers and some sellers on fleabay doing the fitting kits or just buy all the bits separate.

Take you pick of the discs....you can get them from numerous makers , I went with M-tech but other brands are available for the specific discs.
some are lighter and some are thicker etc, your choice but the ML's need to have the centre mounting hole enlarged a bit.
Amgml

Right okay I appreciate all your help, any knowledge on how much I would be looking to spend on the whole setup ?

A fair bit , I bought my calipers at a good price from gumtree but had to paint them myself and then messed about with the other bits, in the end it came in at a few pounds over £500 , I doubt very much you will get it done any cheaper chap, maybe if you shop around and get some used calipers that need refurbing but then you will need to get them refurbed which will cancel out the savings.
I have seen a few used kits for sale that were in good cond but were still over £500 and the discs were used etc.
But they are epic brakes compared to the standard setup.

No worries I’ll see what I can find, thanks for the help :D

A word of caution for you chap, before you rush out and get this kit , make sure that you have clearance between the caliper and the inside of your alloys or if going new alloys, the same applies.
18" is the min dia rim they will fit into but that's not to say the will clear the inside face of the wheel, and that's where the all important offset factor comes into play.

example my 19" alloys are et35 and there is 2mm gap max clearance, I tried the same rims in an ET43 and they would not even get close to being on the hub face, but my previous 18" rials were also an ET35 and there was a lot more clearance and were a perfect fit., neither have spacers fitted.
spacers are used a lot to overcome this issue but can have there own issues too.

Ass7
Bre5
Mt3

Attachments

• bre1.JPG
    bre1.JPG
    222.6 KB · Views: 116