Leon Cupra R Splitter

Rorywm

Reaction score
Has anyone on here fitted a lcr splitter to an 8P1? If so is it difficult to fit? I'm assuming it doesn't fit right on and there needs be some sort of modification to the standard splitter? Photos would also be great!! Thanks

There's loads of guides knocking about to fit them mate, from when I've looked it doesn't look too bad, cut a couple of clips and shave a bit of plastic, get some self tappers in and it's on!

Exactly how that guide says. Basically just trim the ends down to suit how far forward you want it then attach it with self tappers. Couldn't be any easier!

Just make sure you get the ends trimmed correctly. I did mine with the wheels off so I could attach it completely then trim the edges down once it was in place:

DSC07094 by T.walker5190, on Flickr

Reactions: Rorywm
Stood looking at the front of my S3 today thinking it was missing something, this picture confirms I need to do this, cheers!

I thought the same as well when I got my S3, it's been on my list for a while. Ordered a new cam chain and tensioner from @mjr901 on Friday so thought I'd treat myself to the Cupra R splitter as well whilst I was there, it should be coming this week!

Annoyingly I've just ripped mine off in France!!

but yea I liked the look of it, some don't but meh.

Sorry to hear yours has been ripped off!

I think it looks good, especially on the pre-facelift as ours are a tad more round at the front so it gives it a bit more of an edge.

I thought the same as well when I got my S3, it's been on my list for a while. Ordered a new cam chain and tensioner from @mjr901 on Friday so thought I'd treat myself to the Cupra R splitter as well whilst I was there, it should be coming this week!

Sorry to hear yours has been ripped off!

I think it looks good, especially on the pre-facelift as ours are a tad more round at the front so it gives it a bit more of an edge.

Its sat behind me in a huge box along with the other bits for your cam chain repair - Parcelforce are collecting it from me today and its on a 48hr delivery to you :)

Cheers

Mike

Reactions: HHS3
Its sat behind me in a huge box along with the other bits for your cam chain repair - Parcelforce are collecting it from me today and its on a 48hr delivery to you :)

Cheers

Mike

Thanks Mike, that's awesome! :)

Get in contact with him @scotty dugg if you're interested in this or for any other Audi parts for that matter as well, he's very helpful and pleasant to deal with.

Reactions: Cambaines
Thanks Mike, that's awesome! :)

Get in contact with him @scotty dugg if you're interested in this or for any other Audi parts for that matter as well, he's very helpful and pleasant to deal with.

Cheers for the heads up, I've already been to him for a few parts already, got a quote on the splitter at the weekend, just waiting on a work sweeper for my winnings before I order.

How much were you for the chain and tensioner? Something I'd like to get done eventually.

Cheers for the heads up, I've already been to him for a few parts already, got a quote on the splitter at the weekend, just waiting on a work sweeper for my winnings before I order.

How much were you for the chain and tensioner? Something I'd like to get done eventually.

No worries, yes he's very helpful.

Nice, I won £20 from a sweapstake at work for having Ukraine as the biggest loser in the Euro's!

I don't think he will mind me saying publicly (let me know if not though Mike) as you'd get quoted the same amount at this moment in time. It was £178.07 inc VAT for the following: cam chain, tensioner, 3 bolts for tensioner, end case gasket and rocker cover gasket. I thought mine had already gone but a couple of weeks ago I heard this new horrible sound which is the cam chain banging against the metal case, so wanted it sorted ASAP.

Last edited:
Reactions: scotty dugg