Lemans front suspension.

PeteA7S/Back

Reaction score
Right guys and girls. My front spring has decided to let go on the passenger side and I'm in desperate need of advice. The garage couldn' get a price for lemans springs at all and said dealer only. I can' find much on them at all but what springs I have seen all have colours on them mine have 4 blue paint marks on and I have no idea what is compatible for the 3.0 v6 engine. Can anyone shed some light on parts I need or where to get them or a breaker that might have some. Will try and get some pics up.

Pics

Attachments

• 20180324_134737.jpg
    20180324_134737.jpg
    587.3 KB · Views: 207
  • 20180324_134557.jpg
    20180324_134557.jpg
    384.4 KB · Views: 149
  • IMG-20180324-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20180324-WA0002.jpg
    259.8 KB · Views: 158
It's just an SLINE isn't it?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

From what I can gather the s ine and lemans share the same -30mm sports suspension. But the springs all have different weight ratings on them. Trying to decipher them is just impossible till I speak to a garage or dealer on Monday as I have found set of s line springs but they have different colours to mine. I have assumed that I have the heaviest rate springs with it being a v6 diesel and auto box.

Have you tried breakers on eBay?
Or just google them in your area.

This is a good occasion for coilovers

I would probably told my wife that is what We need and got them adjustable ones

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: CJGREEN89
From what I can gather the s ine and lemans share the same -30mm sports suspension. But the springs all have different weight ratings on them. Trying to decipher them is just impossible till I speak to a garage or dealer on Monday as I have found set of s line springs but they have different colours to mine. I have assumed that I have the heaviest rate springs with it being a v6 diesel and auto box.
Send @DamienP a pm and he should be able to advise you mate as he works for dpm performance a site supporter

Just get a set of lowering springs lol

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I'e messaged a couple of breakers but no reply yet. I'e found a set from a 2010 lemans but they have different colour codes to mine. It' a v6 3.0 auto avant so exactly the same as mine but just newer year. Just need clarification before I buy as don' want to buy the wrong ones.

I am quite sure its the same set up as an S-Line.
If the price is mega expensive you could but a complete Eibach Pro-Kit for a couple of hundred pounds.

The only true Lemans part on an A6 is the badge, everything else on the car is just SE/sline parts.

I fitted a eibach pro kit to my A6, also If one spring has gone the other won't be far off.

Also be aware of the pinch bolt, it will be just about stuck in the upright, you will be better off dropping the lower arms.

Reactions: Mr DJ MOORE and PeteA7S/Back