Lego

That’s impressive was going to warn you the way the legs of the falcon connect to the main body with the model is pretty fragile and on my build collapsed causing several millions worth of damage, about 4-5 build time of repairs actually

Reactions: Sandra and Ghost
Snow build........
IMG 0276

still no sign of a millennium falcon unfortunately

Reactions: Ghost
Could not get the 2 Millennium Falcons I wanted so Santa delivered one of these early instead
IMG 0281
IMG 0282

What a great thread. Just looked though together with our 12 year old daughter.

We have a tradition. She always gets a new Lego set as part of her Xmas present. We spend as long as it takes on Christmas morning building it up together, talking about this and that whilst Mrs Ant prepares Diner (not a sexist comment)

That time together is priceless and the memories will last forever. Will post a pic of this years effort.

Ant.

Reactions: Ghost, jojo and Daveotto
Lol.... that was actually an Xmas present from about 15+ years ago and still going strong despite having lumps and chunks hacked out of it over the years

Well. I know nothing about Bikes but that looks amazing. Very stealth like. Wish you all the health to enjoy it.

Reactions: Daveotto
That time together is priceless and the memories will last forever. Will post a pic of this years effort.

Ant.

That’s really cool.... me and my son’s tradition is to go find a football match to watch on Boxing Day to get away from the in-laws.... lol

Reactions: happytalk73
Don't know if anyone managed to get their hands on a Millenium Falcon? The online LEGO shop just had them in stock a few hours ago, I checked 10 minutes later, and they was sold out again! lol

Reactions: Daveotto
Don't know if anyone managed to get their hands on a Millenium Falcon? The online LEGO shop just had them in stock a few hours ago, I checked 10 minutes later, and they was sold out again! lol

Not me, last checked the website about a week ago, and not phoned the local store since xmas, will phone on delivery day (Friday) on the off chance

32 and I’m a rather stressed person, I find Lego just calms me and I love building them. Up until October last year I built the largest Lego set which is the Taj Mahal (5922 pcs) Purchased it for a few hundred quid about 6 years ago now they are going for over a grand (should have kept that one)
DA4B6C0E A60C 4628 9515 A0C4AC9E84E4

Christmas 2016 I was working away stuck in a hotel room for a few days I purchased Lego technics Porsche (2704 pcs) this was fun and rather intricate build being technics, had all the motor movements and gears working.
B8CEA114 3A7C 4010 B398 D6FAF8594C83

Then this Xmas me and my daughter built the disney castle (4080 pcs). Again this was fun especially doing it with my daughter.
2A843CED 6D3B 48AF 87B8 D56FA136AFA0

77EF743D 17E3 4D57 8EE2 BBB1D67F67B5

Next build will be the ucs millennium falcon which is the largest set with 7541 pcs.

Reactions: Ghost and Daveotto
7500 pieces!!!!!! I built the lepin version of the original 5500ish piece model last year and was epic, hoping to buy at least two of the new ones on 1st Ocotber (alarm will be set early and lap top at hand) one to build and sell on and one to keep pristine.

This as my Lepin version

View attachment 136198

just starting the Lepin version of the Super Star Destroyer

This is the idea I have of buying one to build and sell and buying one to put away and give to the kids in 20 years time as an investment. as you seem aware of the Taj Mahal has rocketed in price and I sold that several years ago when I wish I kept it ...

Again not strictly lego but exactly same bricks and build quality.

P-51 Mustang
8A273195 DAF2 4598 8F89 E5C3BF231A16

Me110
0053D1D1 988D 4706 8182 61F293B01A69

Reactions: Ghost and Sandra
Very nice Ewan, :)

Reactions: ScottishA4B9 and Ghost
My sons Christmas present:

IMG 4265

IMG 4266

Loved building it...have to see what else he wants to build next. Would love the Porsche GT3 RS, but not sure he would!!

My latest build! I like the style of the car, but for the first time ever I feel a little disappointed with a Lego set, when I compare it to some of my other technics sets the detail in the actual technics / motion parts are just not there. I.e no moving steering wheel with steering system, no AWD. The opening boot is a nice touch, but it’s not a patch on my 8880!
b097f766c72857859665fedf8845e3d6.jpg
db34cb59f1e7f4dd423978da3048360d.jpg

My 8880:
4cc7a4e8ed001a94773b11d24c47c633.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: THQuattro and Ghost
Bugatti Chiron has been released as the next big model! Available August with over 3000 pieces!

Set 42083. Not a whole lot available online, just that is is happening!

Reactions: ScottishA4B9 and Ghost
I can understand your disappointment after the 8880 build @maui .

Have anyone seen the 8880 EVO?
I’ve seen links like this one below, but never in shops.. looks amazing

Reactions: THQuattro and Sandra
A few snow days and I have found time to finish the Lepin version of the Taj Mahal

IMG 0461 2

Reactions: martin1984, ScottishA4B9 and Ghost
I used to be really into Lego as a kid, used to build all the batmobiles etc (before Lego had Batman sets haha). Had a lot of the sets and a few cool Technics ones too. They do some pretty huge Star Wars sets now... If I've ever got £700 laying around I WILL get this badboy :D

maxresdefault.jpg

Reactions: jojo and Ghost
I Just seen this @welshy_a4 , wonder if you and your daughter be interested ...

10261 roller coaster

Last edited:
Reactions: THQuattro
CB30A959 C88E 4ECB 824B 21E4FF5057FB
942E0E12 6E4F 47F4 9DC3 8904F4E62499
Stock building for winter and the new Technic Bugatti is released in under 2 weeks

Reactions: s3marc, ScottishA4B9 and Ghost
I used to be really into Lego as a kid, used to build all the batmobiles etc (before Lego had Batman sets haha). Had a lot of the sets and a few cool Technics ones too. They do some pretty huge Star Wars sets now... If I've ever got £700 laying around I WILL get this badboy :D

maxresdefault.jpg
Took me a month to build mine, and it was worth it! John Lewis is showing they have stock online btw.

The Bugatti Chiron is here! What do we all think?

The most exciting piece is the 8 speed technic box, which is my favourite feature on the 8880 if it’s done right here (controls speed of W16 pistons)! Hopefully the case on a set of this detail!

Can also insert the top speed key and adjust the rear wing!

https://shop.lego.com/en-GB/Bugatti-Chiron-42083
f03f69db884e06475fae26b1b0e0ca7f.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Ghost and Daveotto
The Bugatti Chiron is here! What do we all think?

The most exciting piece is the 8 speed technic box, which is my favourite feature on the 8880 if it’s done right here (controls speed of W16 pistons)! Hopefully the case on a set of this detail!

Can also insert the top speed key and adjust the rear wing!

https://shop.lego.com/en-GB/Bugatti-Chiron-42083
f03f69db884e06475fae26b1b0e0ca7f.jpg
just bought one
2018 06 01 1

Reactions: Ghost and maui
The Lego James Bond Aston Martin, which Lego revealed today, is based off the car Sean Connery drove for Goldfinger; it is an expert-level set with 1,295 pieces. Build it correctly, and it has all the necessary spy gadgets: rotating licence plates, a bullet shield, a hidden phone, pop-out machine guns, tire slashers mounted in the wheels. And oh hell yes, it has an ejector seat.

m0hcim27cuczqbnog9cf.jpg

Reactions: AudiSpy, Daveotto and martin1984
The Lego James Bond Aston Martin, which Lego revealed today, is based off the car Sean Connery drove for Goldfinger; it is an expert-level set with 1,295 pieces. Build it correctly, and it has all the necessary spy gadgets: rotating licence plates, a bullet shield, a hidden phone, pop-out machine guns, tire slashers mounted in the wheels. And oh hell yes, it has an ejector seat.

m0hcim27cuczqbnog9cf.jpg
Saw this but cant belive its already on ebay at more than double the price

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Saw this but cant belive its already on ebay at more than double the price

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

That’s fairly typical for all the new premium sets, people order in adavance as Lego VIP members and resell via eBay before they have them in hand.

At one point the average price on eBay for new millennium Falcons was £1200 against a list of £650

m0hcim27cuczqbnog9cf.jpg
Early Xmas prsssie list entrant for me

I saw the Chiron at Lego store in Disney Springs in Orlando last week - looks fab, although I still prefer the Orange Porsche ;)

I saw the Chiron at Lego store in Disney Springs in Orlando last week - looks fab, although I still prefer the Orange Porsche ;)

Have still got the Porsche and if I get the time when we get into winter I will build them side by side and post a pic here

interesting read, I blame lego for my career in the building industry, my wife and i managed to have a decent collection of trains and stations , of course its for kids, or grand kids or we might even build all our trains ourselves at some stage - :smiley:

517325268_tp.jpg

interesting read, I blame lego for my career in the building industry, my wife and i managed to have a decent collection of trains and stations , of course its for kids, or grand kids or we might even build all our trains ourselves at some stage - :smiley:

517325268_tp.jpg

Looking forward to seeing your build photos :icon thumright: