Lego

Lego's Big Christmas.

Documentary on tonight at 8pm Channel 4

Reactions: ScottishA4B9, Brasso and Daveotto
Well the wife bought me this for Christmas. Quite a nice build and motorising it was well worth it.

Not got onto my big excavator yet.

b7125420e2c085e844f92f3514d30caa.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jake 61, Sandra, Thundercliffe81 and 3 others
Nice @Brasso - Hoping I can start my excavator build tonight!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Excavator build started! Bags 1&2 done.

Wife's build of Disney castle started in background! Oh and some token Reindeer!

d285b9e32239c51f611428dd6bab3b01.jpg

Reactions: Jake 61, Daveotto, Ghost and 1 other person
Received this for Christmas:
IMG 7822

Has anyone built this full RC?
I've looked all over the net trying to find part numbers and instructions to make it fully RC but no luck!

Reactions: Jake 61, Ghost and Brasso
Well the wife bought me this for Christmas. Quite a nice build and motorising it was well worth it.

Not got onto my big excavator yet.

b7125420e2c085e844f92f3514d30caa.jpg

That's just awesome. I not started in my lego yet, been too busy. I got the Porsche, I also got Beatles yellow submarine and the flatiron building. So that something a bit different from my usual cars, I just about finished the vw camper van. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Jake 61, ScottishA4B9, Ghost and 2 others
Got to instruction nr 465 on the bucket wheel excavator only got another 204 steps to complete.

676158138c4c29e21b2ee394c2a35f4b.jpg

Reactions: Jake 61, Sandra and Ghost
Received this for Christmas:
View attachment 113306
Has anyone built this full RC?
I've looked all over the net trying to find part numbers and instructions to make it fully RC but no luck!
I've got one of those on order due in the new year. Be interested to hear if you find out about making it fully RC.

@Brasso nice build mate! Is it fully RC? Where did you get the part numbers & instructions to make it fully RC?
No it's not RC. Well not like my Excavator.

It was just a motor kit that drives a piston which acts as a compressor to drive the pneumatics. Its not really big enough to get enough lego motors in and there is no gearing on the slew.

The excavator below came fully RC out of the box.

b9dab018c9b2fbe37219c627c449cab5.jpg

Reactions: Jake 61 and Sandra
Just stage 8 to go now. But I'll have to do that tomorrow

e8202971ea0db14f4ef5490c92ec81b0.jpg

Reactions: Jake 61
I've been building my little boys volcano sets with him. I'm amazed that at 6 he's built the buggy and excavator on his own...

Just stage 8 to go now. But I'll have to do that tomorrow

On bag 6 at the moment - it's been a chore! Want to finish it so bits are not left on the table!!

Reactions: Brasso
So after 10 hours and 15 minutes its finished. What a mammoth build. Great model but you need some patience for this one. I'm not too sure how a 12 year old would get on with it.

a6d9eedd134f0992dfeb0c844f94138a.jpg
d5bfb0cb7c5ffd9202058bb4a3ce89b5.jpg
3b6ad00b12c52b7c56458e51c676f730.jpg

Reactions: Jake 61, Ghost, Sandra and 2 others
@Brasso I've seen videos of your Recent volvo build fully RC as well as the Mercedes truck so I know it's possible. I just wish there was a build guide for it and a list of the extra parts you need.

Reactions: Sandra
@Brasso I've seen videos of your Recent volvo build fully RC as well as the Mercedes truck so I know it's possible. I just wish there was a build guide for it and a list of the extra parts you need.

You will need receivers and a remote control, the more functions you want the more receivers you will need.

This vid is crude, but you get the idea..

Id say it be best to ask for some advice in the Lego shop when you go to by the parts you need.

Reactions: ScottishA4B9
You can see the receivers in this vid, on top of the cab.

Reactions: Jake 61, Brasso and ScottishA4B9
My good lady got me this at Christmas, finished it in the 1 evening with a bottle of Southern Comfort and a box of Pringles.

Excuse the dodgy camping table.

DSC_0142_zpsabqynd6o.jpg

Reactions: Ghost, jojo and Sandra
LEGO masters on channel 4 now! My son is literally glued to the TV screen.

Reactions: Ghost, leshkin and Sandra
Some of my latest builds:
IMG 2784

Vickers Wellington and Mitchell B-25.

Both with revolving turrets, bomb bay doors that open and retractable undercarriage.

Reactions: Lavis89, Audi Bairn, maui and 2 others
Ha just saw that! That would be an amazing set!

Reactions: Ghost
Seen that today at the Lego store, very impressive and it's big... But £650 for a lego kit... Not sure on that one.

I saw the new Millenium Falcon in the Lego store in London. It's HUGE!
View attachment 135621 View attachment 135622 View attachment 135623

7500 pieces!!!!!! I built the lepin version of the original 5500ish piece model last year and was epic, hoping to buy at least two of the new ones on 1st Ocotber (alarm will be set early and lap top at hand) one to build and sell on and one to keep pristine.

This as my Lepin version

20161224 122102411 iOS

just starting the Lepin version of the Super Star Destroyer

Reactions: ScottishA4B9
It was available to order online last week! Sold out in 20 minutes? My mate got his on Friday, I should be getting mine sometime this week! :D

was looking out for the pre order date but obviously missed it....damm.......no sign on the website when it will re stock, but expect Lego have learnt from the Porsche mess up last year when they flooded the market to the extent new models are selling for £160 - £170 against a RRP of £249.99, paid £220 for mine

Reactions: Ghost
was looking out for the pre order date but obviously missed it....damm.......no sign on the website when it will re stock, but expect Lego have learnt from the Porsche mess up last year when they flooded the market to the extent new models are selling for £160 - £170 against a RRP of £249.99, paid £220 for mine
It was 730 am on Thursday morning, but my mate was placing the order @712am, it was sold out @735, limited to 3 per VIP member.

When Yodel leaves 1300 quids worth of Lego on your doorstep!

Attachments

• IMG_8521.JPG
    IMG_8521.JPG
    283.8 KB · Views: 229
Reactions: Daveotto and ScottishA4B9