Lego

Anyone collect promotional Lego?

Aside from a few unopened Star Wars sets, I have Shell V-Power and Lego Stig key rings still in packets, but no idea if it's better to keep them sealed?!

I've still got my lego from when I was a kid gathering dust in the loft. Mind you have bought it for my sisters little ones last xmas and gives them hours of fun

Reactions: N@deeem
Giant excavator now finished, very impressive and huge set. Shield Helicarrier also dismantled and on Ebay and have now got all my storage boxes free and can start sorting out the Lepin Millenium Falcon before starting to build it.

At least all the Lego building is helping keep my mind off not being able to drive for a few more weeks while the knee heals and gets some more movement in it

Reactions: maui, Jake 61, THQuattro and 4 others
Can't believe I have just seen this thread. If my son seen this, I'd be in big trouble....financially!! Must say I do love it myself, and it will have me looking at the Porsche lego later tonight.

Reactions: 45bvtc and Daveotto
Can't believe I have just seen this thread. If my son seen this, I'd be in big trouble....financially!! Must say I do love it myself, and it will have me looking at the Porsche lego later tonight.

I dare not tell my wife the value of the Lego currently sitting in my dining room and garage...lol

Reactions: Jake 61 and SPIKE_
Giant excavator now finished, very impressive and huge set. Shield Helicarrier also dismantled and on Ebay and have now got all my storage boxes free and can start sorting out the Lepin Millenium Falcon before starting to build it.

At least all the Lego building is helping keep my mind off not being able to drive for a few more weeks while the knee heals and gets some more movement in it
View attachment 111224
That is awesome Dave. Hope the knee is getting better. :) x

Reactions: Daveotto

View attachment 111224

Nice model, I've not started mine yet. That's something to keep me amused over Christmas.

Hope the knee is better soon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That is awesome Dave. Hope the knee is getting better. :) x

Nice model, I've not started mine yet. That's something to keep me amused over Christmas

I am saving the 911 Porsche for Xmas :)

Knee is healing really well, and surprisingly even quicker than the left one. Operation was 2 weeks ago and I am already walking unaided and getting on the turbo trainer from tomorow. The physio tells me to slow down though ...lol

Reactions: Ghost, Brasso and Jake 61
Lepin Millenium Falcon is gonna be a huge project to complete, not for the faint hearted or those without patience!!! first stage has been about 4 hours sorting out from
Via this.....
To sorted into storage boxes
NOW THE FUN CAN BEGIN,!!

Reactions: Ozmosis, Jake 61, SPIKE_ and 3 others
Good luck mate, i built the Death Star over 3 days and thought no more after that and then bought the R2D2 which my brother helped me with. I have officially retired from Lego building but its great to see everyones Lego builds.

Reactions: Ghost
Was going to just dive in. But when I looked at the number of bags and pieces I went OMG!!!
Hi dave,i heard about this lepin lego yesterday,whats the quality of brick like compared to actual lego?? As i have seen there doing all the same sets as lego just far cheaper.is it worth it??

Hi dave,i heard about this lepin lego yesterday,whats the quality of brick like compared to actual lego?? As i have seen there doing all the same sets as lego just far cheaper.is it worth it??

In my considered opinion (my job involves injection moulding of high quality plastic parts for the medical device and pharmaceutical industry) they are about 95 - 95% there. To the trained eye there are some subtle differences in aesthetics and in dimensional fit on assembly but for all intents and purposes they are almost spot on and fully compatible with standard Lego...no wonder Lego are suing the **** off them globally and blocking retail sale outside of China

@Daveotto thats coming along nicely:) x

Thanks, but a bit on the slow side. Never thought I would end up building a Lego model so big I need to spend half my time walking round a dining room table trying to find the pieces

Reactions: Ghost, Brasso, Ozmosis and 1 other person
Thanks, but a bit on the slow side. Never thought I would end up building a Lego model so big I need to spend half my time walking round a dining room table trying to find the pieces
Haha. How long did it take you to do the chassis?

Haha. How long did it take you to do the chassis?
6 or 7 hours maybe (spent 4 hours sorting first) but not exactly sure, it sits on the dining room table and I go back to it whenever I fancy rather than have a 4-5 hour session and I am still rather hindered by the new knee

That Millennium Falcon looks like an epic kit!

I have the original version and a Slave 1...

Would love to get my mits on that!!

Have put in a bit of effort last couple of days, maybe another 4 -5 hours or so and have got a third of the way through the instruction book ands it starting to look like a space ship...landing legs fitted and outer shell starting to be formed

Reactions: Ghost, Jake 61, Sandra and 2 others
Have put in a bit of effort last couple of days, maybe another 4 -5 hours or so and have got a third of the way through the instruction book ands it starting to look like a space ship...landing legs fitted and outer shell starting to be formed

View attachment 111925

That's starting to look good. Looks like an interesting build.

@Daveotto, that's looking great Dave. That is going to be awesome when finished. Hope your knee if feeling a bit better. :) x

That's starting to look good. Looks like an interesting build.

Yes, has been very engaging so far and apart from the 7 landing legs has not gotten repetitive which is always a danger with big models

@Daveotto, that's looking great Dave. That is going to be awesome when finished. Hope your knee if feeling a bit better. :) x

Kness is doing great, most of swelling has gone and have almost got full flexibility in the new knee after just over three weeks, muscles and ligaments are getting some intensive physio/excercise now to catch up.

Reactions: Ozmosis and Sandra
Kness is doing great, most of swelling has gone and have almost got full flexibility in the new knee after just over three weeks, muscles and ligaments are getting some intensive physio/excercise now to catch up.

Great to hear the knee is getting better.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Sandra and Daveotto
Giant excavator now finished, very impressive and huge set.

Awesome - I have to wait a couple more weeks to build mine! :whistle2:

Our whole family is mad on Lego - It's literally everywhere in the house! I also discovered my old Technics supercar (8880) from my childhood in my parents loft a couple years back, and was so excited to tear it down and rebuild it!
8880.png

It's still renowned as one of the most complex Technics sets to date.

Reactions: Ghost and Brasso
Awesome - I have to wait a couple more weeks to build mine! :whistle2:

Our whole family is mad on Lego - It's literally everywhere in the house! I also discovered my old Technics supercar (8880) from my childhood in my parents loft a couple years back, and was so excited to tear it down and rebuild it!
8880.png

It's still renowned as one of the most complex Technics sets to date.

I built this a few years ago after buying for about £50 and then sold it on for about the sane amount like all the models I build. It's probably worth around £250 if you have the box and instructions

I built this a few years ago after buying for about £50 and then sold it on for about the sane amount like all the models I build. It's probably worth around £250 if you have the box and instructions

Nice - Yep have instructions but no box, but then I have this on display now with no intentions of selling, as I love the detail in it. My son is getting there with the more complex sets, so he may get to rebuild this some day!
He has a lot of the Star wars sets (and wants to get the death star :blink:), all the Lego Elves.... Disney castle is going to be another Christmas build! I tend to stick to the Technics stuff personally.

Nice - Yep have instructions but no box, but then I have this on display now with no intentions of selling, as I love the detail in it. My son is getting there with the more complex sets, so he may get to rebuild this some day!
He has a lot of the Star wars sets (and wants to get the death star :blink:), all the Lego Elves.... Disney castle is going to be another Christmas build! I tend to stick to the Technics stuff personally.

I tend to stick to the Technic stuff as well but the Helicarier and the Millenium Falcon have been good builds with some Technic like bits in them. Some of the Architecture/building models are a bit repetitive, but have to be done for ths shear size/ no of pieces

I am sure you will enjoy the Excavator as its a little different from standard Technic cars and trucks

Reactions: Brasso and maui
Build slowed down a bit for last couple of days as I spent 3 hours dismantling the excavator and packed and posted the Shield Helicarrier....so just over half way now

Reactions: ScottishA4B9, Brasso, Ghost and 3 others
Looking good Dave. :) x

Reactions: Brasso
Finally got it finished in time for Xmas, took a massive effort the last 2-3 days (about 12-14 hours ofbuilding!!!!)

Have a great Xmas and hope Santa brings you that Lego set you asked for :)

Reactions: maui, Thundercliffe81, ScottishA4B9 and 7 others
Wow that's some Lego kit. Looking good.

That's look epic!

Was epic, almost gave up just over half way when I had major accident and had to rebuild a few sections.

Not sure I would tackle another 5500 piece model again though until retirement!!!!

Reactions: Ghost, Ozmosis and Brasso