Lego

I build several of the bigger models each year (have built 20+ of the largest 40 models, mainly technic) and usually build, photograph and then sell on eBay and buy the next and have just finished this one...

View attachment 76988This is awesome, with working pneumatics and biggest technic model to date and was built from new . Anyone on here want to swap for sets they have (or buy outside eBay)

If anyone is interested I'll also post pics of some of the other models I have built in the last few years

I built this very same model over christmas lol had it sitting in Mrs wardrobe in the box for months!

Liking the UniMog, never got round to buying that one an now theyve rocketed in price on ebay!!

Liking the UniMog, never got round to buying that one an now theyve rocketed in price on ebay!!

Secondhand Lego prices have gone through the roof in the last few years. I bought an original Technic space shuttle for £25 8-9 years ago and sold it a year later for about £50. If you could find one today it would be North of £1000.

I have a picture of it somewhere along with many of the other models I have built. Looked for them earlier after my last post but can't locate them, but will look on some back-up drives and post if I can find them.

Reactions: CarbonMike
Often have fights with my grandson for an elusive part.

Reactions: Daveotto
@Daveotto that 42043 looks a fantastic build, that along with 42009 are the two id love to have a go at building.
icon_thumright.gif

…any of you fancied adding the remote control unit?

Reactions: ScottishA4B9, THQuattro, Crazyfool and 3 others
@Ghost I have the LEGO Technic 42030 Volvo Bulldozer/Frontlader in the garage waiting to be built which comes with remote control.
Had not thought about adding RC but might now not dismantle the Merc Arcos 3245 and and the RC unit to it and see how is goes

I love my Lego, mainly technics though for me, only thing that lets Lego down for me is how quickly they retire the products. I'm trying to hunt down the container truck at he moment but the Mercedes and ferrai are on my list

Got this guy yesterday. A fairly quick build, but enjoyed it :)

The likeness and attention to detail is spot on!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1453316100508510

Reactions: mookster, THQuattro, Jake 61 and 3 others
Just bought another one, was after it for ages then Lego retired it unfortunately bit tonight was my night.

These are my last two builds from my knee replacement rehab.

I usually sell on eBay to fund the next set but thought I would if offer here first. Both have been built once, stickers not used and been on display for no longer than 3 weeks and will be fully dismantled before posting

Volvo truck was £169.99 would accept £135 + p&p
Crawler crane was £109.99 would accept £ 75 + p&p

Will use cheapest postage route and us likely to come out around £5-6 slightly more if you want it fully insured

Would also consider swap or Px on any models you have

Reactions: ScottishA4B9, Jake 61, CarbonMike and 2 others
That looks cool. I still to build f1 Ferrari and a Le Mans car. Just don't have the time to enjoy the build just now

Reactions: ScottishA4B9
I built this this today. Tiger tank!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 276
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 251
Reactions: Peter Metcalf, CarbonMike, Ghost and 3 others
Whilst I'm layed up with my foot, I built a Sherman M4A1 today.

I can't praise these models enough. They aren't Lego, but a brand called Cobi from Poland. The bricks are the exact same quality as Lego and are interchangeable, not like the cheap knock off Chinese brands.

I seriously recommend them. The detail and quality is superb. They have a big WW2 range. Hoping to get a Spitfire next or a different tank.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 295
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 298
Reactions: Ghost, rizzini7, jojo and 1 other person
My Latest Build
Lego car

Reactions: martin1984, Daveotto, CarbonMike and 4 others
A little company for my car :)

Lego

Reactions: Daveotto, Ghost, Jake 61 and 1 other person
Excellent thread. Love a bit of Lego myself. Played loads as a kid, Technic stuff when it first came out but mainly the space kits. Since then I've done a bit of dabbling in the investment market, mostly Star Wars kits but also have the Ghostbusters kits too, and bought loads of job lots on ebay for my 'play' collection :blush:

Last year I set aside some time and built myself a decent sized spaceship; various 'working' parts, ramps and doors you could get into it with, shuttle craft that clipped off, the lot. Was pretty chuffed with the results, though I want to build something bigger now :blink:

Sirius 6 Sirius 1 Sirius 2 Sirius 3 Sirius 4 Sirius 5

Reactions: jojo, Sandra and Ghost
Surprised no one has posted on these little babies.....ordering mine now :)

Reactions: Sandra, Jake 61 and James_TDi
My little lad has the whole collection..he loves racing them around and fixing them in his ferrari truck.

Reactions: Daveotto
my latest mini build

Lego new 1
Lego new 2
Lego new

Reactions: Daveotto, jojo, James_TDi and 3 others
I quite enjoy building Lego myself

Got a few sets on display, pics below. Not pictured is Wall E and the Millenium Falcon
20141027 204037
20141130 193932
20141209 200444 LLS
20141110 195942
20150719 185311979 iOS

Reactions: jojo
Love the pics @Mik3F I have the Ferrari. built that a whiloe back, I love the ghostbusters ecto 1, that is awesome. :)

I am very tempted by the new Porsche 911 GT3 RS technic set, but the £250 price tag is putting me off for now

Reactions: Sandra
Yes, it looks good, saw it the last time I was in the Lego store. if you sign up for Lego loyalty card it's only £225.
@Mik3F

I thought the Lego Porsches all sold out on the first day of sale? And they were limited edition only. Certainly that's what Lego were saying.

I thought the Lego Porsches all sold out on the first day of sale? And they were limited edition only. Certainly that's what Lego were saying.
They have them in the Lego store in Glasgow.

Who said that Lego cars are only for boys?

bebae7539d2f49d01528d4c08d783848.jpg

Sent from a mobile device, please forgive typos :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Ghost
@leshkin that is so nice. That was probably what I was like as a kid. I preferred my brothers toys. I do love Lego though, it's the best thing ever. :) X

Reactions: leshkin
She's six and comes to many car shows with me. Can name almost every common car make she sees. Starting to differentiate between car models too. Really loves car Lego kits, but also has a huge collection of Lego Friends too, so not a complete tomboy

Sent from a mobile device, please forgive typos :)

Reactions: Ghost and Sandra