Leeds s3 remap recommendations

Carterleeds

Reaction score
Hi just looking to remap my s3 stage 2 ish got de cat air filter larger intercooler.

Any recommendations in the or around the Leeds area? If not who's best to travel too?

Thanks

I'm getting my 2.0TDI quattro done by rick @ unicorn motor developments soon (remap and DPF removal). Seems like he really knows his stuff and is based around Manchester so not too far away from leeds.

I second Rick@unicorn as he remotely tunes my stage 2+ and highly recommend him. Very knowledgeable guy and helpful

I can vouch for Rick@Unicorn too, plus he's only an hour or so from Leeds :thumbs up:

Hi just looking to remap my s3 stage 2 ish got de cat air filter larger intercooler.

Any recommendations in the or around the Leeds area? If not who's best to travel too?

Thanks

Go to the performance centre in Sunderland. Unbelievable service and knowledge at that place! Only an hours drive or so with your toe down :)

Thanks guys for you input. I guess there's not just one certain choice.

I'll have a look into the companies recommended.

I've also been advised of rstunning in Leeds but don't really know the pros n cons...

I dunno about RS Tuning in Leeds but the others mentioned earlier in the thread come recommended.

Been to Rs tuning for both my remaps on my S3. Booked in again for stage2 + on the 12th! Fair price especially when the remap is done on there AWD dyno.

Am I correct in translating that to 'when you got 5 google PD tuning and seedox?' :p
It'll take more than 5 minutes to read all their shocking reviews!
Amongst other discrepancies Sedox bombed them off for selling maps which weren't Sedox performance maps although they said they were.

Reactions: Sayam
The tuning industry is very bitchy. The performance centre isn't your average cowboy with a RR who can buy maps from file farms. I've used others in the NE who upload stage 2 files without supporting mods to chase numbers and don't even bother to data log and check your car over. Highly recommend these!

I'm talking from experience and the Cowboys still owe me £380!!!
Had to go elsewhere and get the car reflashed to get rid of their corrupt ****.
I was sold on their talk as they make the right noises but if you've got a problem your on your own.
When I first had my problems a few tries to defend them but it wasn't long before there was loads of others with similar problems emerged.
I paid for a Sedox performance map which in the end was proved not to be!
It was a Sunderland special

I'm talking from experience and the Cowboys still owe me £380!!!
Had to go elsewhere and get the car reflashed to get rid of their corrupt ****.
I was sold on their talk as they make the right noises but if you've got a problem your on your own.
When I first had my problems a few tries to defend them but it wasn't long before there was loads of others with similar problems emerged.
I paid for a Sedox performance map which in the end was proved not to be!
It was a Sunderland special

Oh dear. I had this exact problem at Durham remaps lol

Don't get me wrong everyone can have problems but how it's handled is what makes the difference.
My personal opinion is I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole.

Don't get me wrong everyone can have problems but how it's handled is what makes the difference.
My personal opinion is I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole.

Yeah I understand mate. Myself and a big group of mates have used them for a while and the service has been top notch

Standard mate.
In warranty for another 18 months.
Plenty time to decide if I want to map it or not.

I'm from Leeds as is a mate of mine who also has a S3. I took mine to SHARK in Mansfield and had a stage 3 map done which turned out pretty well on the dyno. My mate had his done at RS Tuning in Leeds and he seems to be fairly happy with it. He is actually going back this month to have it mapped again having fitted a fuel pump. As we now have the exact same mods it will be interesting to see how our maps compare.