LED warning light and alarm problem please help

jay1601

Reaction score
i got a 1999 A3 1.6 "sport"
i'm having a few problems, i've tried searching but can't find much info.

first problem is i got no warning lights, i mean things like door/boot/bonnet open lights, would my car have a warning for these ?

also i got problems with the alarm, it seems like there is alot of problems with this, i replaced the alarm bit in the boot, fittted new batteries, the PCB is pefect, no marks on it.

the alarm will still not set, the LED'S in the doors will not flash

can any body help shed some light on this please

Your car may not have a DIS hence no indicators to show you have a door open.

Its not always the part in the boot that can cause you an issue, it could genuinely be a problem with the alarm, it might be worth getting it put on VAGCOM, to see if it brings up any errors.

thank you for your reply, if i was to buy a VAGCOM off ebay that just plugs into the laptop wold this be able to tell me the information i would need to find out

check the earth connections in the boot! plus any others that you can find! I had this on a car once and it does the strangest thing once, turned out to be a bad earth.

For VAGCOM, you will need a cable and laptop, however if you are going to buy it, make sure you buy genuine and from a reputable supplier, if you look in the VCDS Section on here, im sure you will get a response on there.