LED Tail lights........yes / no / maybe

nickb834

Reaction score
So I'm tempted to swap the tail lights on my S4 - OSR has a bit of a fault (intermittent bulb fail which I suspect is grotty contacts) anyway so I've been looking at these:

FK LED Design Tail Lights - fit for Audi A4 sedan (Typ 8E) year 01-04

Anybody seen these in the flesh / bought any - do they look like polished turds?

I really want to keep the look of the stock cover / lense but I'd like LEDs.

So I'm tempted to swap the tail lights on my S4 - OSR has a bit of a fault (intermittent bulb fail which I suspect is grotty contacts) anyway so I've been looking at these:

Anybody seen these in the flesh / bought any - do they look like polished turds?

Actually, I've made myself a little bit sick posting this - it seems horribly chavvy :blush:

and so it should
stick with oem and either clean the contacts or replace the bulb holder

i think someone needs to get creative with these, unmould the outer covers from both the LED lights and the OEM lights, and remould the OEM cover onto the LED base- OEM looking LED rear lights- YES please! Whether it would look any good though I dont know.. and im not brave enough to try lol

truely rancid! but thats just my opinion for what its worth, each to their own i suppose

.....or why not get some decent LED tail light bulbs instead....keep the STD lenses but look more up to date!

.....or why not get some decent LED tail light bulbs instead....keep the STD lenses but look more up to date!

I think that's the better idea - and cheaper than a pair of 120 quid LED lights that look crap :)

I'll give it a whirl and post back with a piccy so you can see how sh1t I've made my car look!

I would love these to look good, as I think they look great on the newer Audi's. The problem is, that similar to DRL's, no matter how well they're executed they're always going to look too modern for our cars, so they're always going to look retrofitted.

I bought a set of very similar LED based rear lights from this German outlet around 3 years ago, and promptly returned them for a refund at great expense to myself - very disappointing product for 250+ Euros.
My concerns were:
- Electrical Plugs did not fit so never had a chance to see their effect compared to standard OEM.
- Cheap Plastic used all over and not a very robust construction compared to OEM lights. Some plastic internal mounts were already broken.
- No bulbs included in non-LED lights (Indicator/Fogs/Reversing)
- Made in China (just expected them to be German for some reason!)
This supplier refunded me the cost of the item on return but I ended up paying shipping from Germany to UK and then return shipping back to Germany.

You may want to see them and make sure they are 100% plug & play before purchasing.

Last edited:
Yeah, I've decided to stick with the OE light clusters and see what I think to LED tail light bulbs - that way I'm not too far out of pocket if they look sh1t3 and can always put the original bulbs back in.