LED sidelights

Alan H

Need a V8 or Bi-Turbo.......
Reaction score
Hi All,

Having upgraded to HID's some time ago, the standard 501 sidelights and the front fogs look a bit "yellow"

What have you guys upgraded to? How many SMD's per sidelight to give an acceptable light? Any links for these?

What bulbs have you guys used in the front fogs? Links?

And what about number plate lights? I can't justify £30 on the eBay ones. Is there a cheaper option?

I know there's loads of questions, but it's better than starting 10 separate threads....

Thanks,

Alan

I have some 15 LEDs from Ultraleds.co.uk and they look good and last well and give no errors. Several members also have them:

Welcome to Ultraleds.co.uk

I've just got Nightbreakers in my fogs, I don't use them enough to justify spending any more, and mine will always be yellow as I've put yellow Lamin-x film on them.

My number plate leds came from ebay, £8 ish I think, but apparently they all cost a lot more now. Have you tried EM Tuning who sponser this forum, username Trups?

I'm sure they'll be fine. I ran the 9 LED's for a couple of years and they were fine until the individual LED's started to burn out.

Don't fancy the 27's then?

For the price difference it's probably best to have those. Don't you have to have the canbus ones, or can you get away with just the normal ones?

Mine aren't Canbus and have been fine, but some people have had issues with them, there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it. They do Canbus ones too if you want to make sure.

I have a set of the 13 led ones going spare

I bought them, only to find out cars with xenons use different sidelight bulbs