LED Sidelights on Cabriolet

Hamilton May

Reaction score
Hi folks, hope you all had great xmas!

I am after some nice looking sidelights that work well with the Cab.

Any suggestions?

Tried a few from ebay and so far even though supposed to be canbus error free have either not worked at all (made weird noises also) or thrown up errors and looked pants.

hi, i supply LED's for this forum, if you search LED threads then i will be the man you need to see.

are you after a bright one?

hi, i supply LED's for this forum, if you search LED threads then i will be the man you need to see.

are you after a bright one?

Hi there!

Something subtle more than ultra bright.

The cab has plastic covers over the sidelights that kind of glow so too bright would look daft i think....

open to suggestions of course

any suggestions to some with a cap of sorts?

SMD ones give off the best light but you can see the unsightly yellow in the lamp holder and it looks crud ..

im struggling to understand about the cap thing?

i only stock the smd led and have loads of differant types so if some can get me a picture of how the bulbs sits i can figure it out for you.

Cant get a pic atm but the sidelight lens is clear and the bulb pokes through into the headlight so you can see the yellow of the SMD boards if you look at it .. some LEDs come with a translucent plastic dome covering the sidelight which hides this look ..

the cab side lights are at the botton of the light unit and are coverd
not like the saloon ones

KGrHqZpEE63YiDEB-BO2Sk21Lpw60_12.jpg

leds dont look anygood with the cover

Ok, i have had a look at the picture on my phone, will have a look later on the laptop and see what will be best, when the side lights are on is the aim of the bulb just to light up the block?

Yeah just something to light up with a clean white light.

As said problem is you can see the yellow boards of the LEDs as some holes cut into the cover in the lights. That also means the normal blue bulbs that give a good white light can be seen also :(

IMG00490-20120102-2049.jpg

Here are the canbus types you could try, which ons do you think would be the best?

The two flats would have to be supplied with the resistor loom to stop the error as i had the bulb designed for BMW interiors but work in sidelights etc.

let me know, i dont mind if someone wants to try them, work out whats best and return the ones you dont use?

Thanks
Trups