LED sidelights and DRL's plus bright white foglights

Craig Cull

Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor
Reaction score
Thought id share a few pics of before and afters with the front led conversion. Cant believe i waited so long to do it. Anybody considering the conversion need to see t8ups. He was most helpful and had them with me in no time. £60 got me LED DRL's with canbus, LED sidelights with the loom to 501 conversion and a pair of nice white foglight bulbs. Really gives the front end a new lease of life! As you will see my sidelights and drls before were very yellow next to the xenons.

Before

After

DRL's

SIDELIGHTS

Reactions: V6 Quatt, Sandra and t8ups
Looks awesome pal, I have just had fitted Bi-Xenons, so I have all crisp white except sidelights, so that'll be a pm to trups then lol.

Looks awesome pal, I have just had fitted Bi-Xenons, so I have all crisp white except sidelights, so that'll be a pm to trups then lol.

Definitely worth it mate, cant believe i waited nearly 3 years to do it. While we're on the subject.. Bi xenons? Are they just xenons like what i have or are they different? Always wondered lol! Im probably just being daft

Definitely worth it mate, cant believe i waited nearly 3 years to do it. While we're on the subject.. Bi xenons? Are they just xenons like what i have or are they different? Always wondered lol! Im probably just being daft

Good question, well presented....................... haven't got a clue pal lol

Good question, well presented....................... haven't got a clue pal lol

Haha! I like your honesty! Does yours just have the xenons that move up and down and then level out when you turn them on? Thats what mine do anyway And just the 381 type drls?

Haha! I like your honesty! Does yours just have the xenons that move up and down and then level out when you turn them on? Thats what mine do anyway And just the 381 type drls?

They are fitted with a great set of LED drls with resistors, I don't recall the lights moving up and down tbh mate

They are fitted with a great set of LED drls with resistors, I don't recall the lights moving up and down tbh mate

Ok, im guessing we have the same xenons. Good stuff! Ill look forward to the updated pics. :)

Looking good Matey, shame you can't do the fogs on the se bumper without removing the bumper itself....but totally agree with you on T8ups bulbs ad service. His H7's are great.

Cheers
A

Reactions: Craig Cull
Looking good Matey, shame you can't do the fogs on the se bumper without removing the bumper itself....but totally agree with you on T8ups bulbs ad service. His H7's are great.

Cheers
A

ive just ordered some for my dad aswell, random Xmas present but I'm sure he'll appreciate lol.... I hope

Std xenon/hid lamps have self levelling capability with built in with sensors on the suspension, every time you turn them on the self level motors do a little test run, hence you can see the light move up and down, these lamps have xenon/hid low beams with standard halogen high beam bulbs
Bixenons are xenon/hid high and low and use a shutter set up to go from low to high beam with the same bulb, also have the suspension level sensors.
The reason for this? you will notice when you first switch them on there is a small delay? so wouldnt be much cop when going from high to low or vice versa down a dark country lane with the delay, that you would get with separate bulbs.
The law requires hid lamps to have self levelling capability and headlamp washers as part of the package.
Thats why the boy racers blind you going the other way!
Some cars managed to get around the legal bit from new ie subura imprezas as classed as an import iirc.

Craig some night pics would be really good as you have the before and after ones at different angles so hard to compare

Are they the 100w ones by any chance?

Yes, I understand that they are. Wrote to T8ups on this subject, cause on the packaging they read 55w, however the coating on the lamps bring them down power wise I understand.I have been using them ( both sets ) since late Spring and mine are constantly on due to Swedish law, and they also passed the strict light checks on the Swedish MOT in September. Still going strong.

Cheers
A

Last edited:
Reactions: A4_MaJiK
Std xenon/hid lamps have self levelling capability with built in with sensors on the suspension, every time you turn them on the self level motors do a little test run, hence you can see the light move up and down, these lamps have xenon/hid low beams with standard halogen high beam bulbs
Bixenons are xenon/hid high and low and use a shutter set up to go from low to high beam with the same bulb, also have the suspension level sensors.
The reason for this? you will notice when you first switch them on there is a small delay? so wouldnt be much cop when going from high to low or vice versa down a dark country lane with the delay, that you would get with separate bulbs.
The law requires hid lamps to have self levelling capability and headlamp washers as part of the package.
Thats why the boy racers blind you going the other way!
Some cars managed to get around the legal bit from new ie subura imprezas as classed as an import iirc.

Craig some night pics would be really good as you have the before and after ones at different angles so hard to compare

Thanks for that, ill take some pics this evening :)

Thanks for that, ill take some pics this evening :)

As requested, some pictures in the dark. No matter where i stood i couldnt get away from the glare from even the sidelights as they are so bright. Hope these help :)

DRL's

SIDELIGHTS

FOGLIGHTS, SIDELIGHTS AND XENONS

My fog bulbs are 80w, they are the H8 and H11 fitments.

The h7's come in 100w.

No issue's with any wiring or melted housing before someone starts a debate about hear say, ive been selling these over a year now and no reported issues which is why I keep stocking them and its why the guys that have had them are happy with them :)

Trups

Reactions: Molnboman, A4_MaJiK and B_FUR
Its very rare i use my fogs, mainly for the look for me. Nothing worse than a yellow bulb surrounding nice bright white. No complaints from me :)

Reactions: t8ups