LED sidelight help

chris199

Reaction score
Hello again guys another little brain tickler for you.

i bought some led sidelight for my a4 and I made sure they were error free ones and canbus friendly I have just been out in the rain none the less to fit them got them fitted and working no problem then all of a sudden a worming on my dash saying sidelight out and both have gone out when I turn my lights off then on again they work then as soon as I put on main beam they go off again?

not sure what's going on but the lights work fine with the standard boring bulbs.

any help would be great cheers

Hello again guys another little brain tickler for you.

i bought some led sidelight for my a4 and I made sure they were error free ones and canbus friendly I have just been out in the rain none the less to fit them got them fitted and working no problem then all of a sudden a worming on my dash saying sidelight out and both have gone out when I turn my lights off then on again they work then as soon as I put on main beam they go off again?

not sure what's going on but the lights work fine with the standard boring bulbs.

any help would be great cheers

Just because they are billed as error-free or Canbus friendly doesn't mean they are; most are not. If you contact forum member T8ups, he should be able to advise you on a suitable error-cancelling resistor, and then supply it as well.

As jdp says, contact t8ups on the forum, top fella and top quality and genuine 'no error' bulbs! :)

W5W led sidelights you can usually get round CANBUS errors by using CANBUS bulbs. I have a set of CANBUS proof sidelights and they work error-free with no resisitors.

I would suggest sending yours back to the seller as there is obviously something not right with them. Perhaps name and shame and provide the link to your purchase.

I had the same problem aswel but my leds where blowing ended up getting these of eBay 321290590487 work a treat and look great

I actually saw them ash and was wondering if they would be any use, have you got any pics of them ?

Cheers Chris

Here's a couple of pics can't really tell DSC 0007DSC 0008

Reactions: chris199
Ahh they look pretty decent is that first pic just side lights or main beams too ?

There actually ****** bright look very smart indeed, cheers for this pics. You never had any bother we them not working or that ? Might get them not that expensive :)

Yer nice and bright I had a little trouble installing them I had to open the wedge open with a flat head as these are a little large but no problems

Arite yeah that's no biggy, cheers for all the input mate might go order myself some now :), good to get someone else's opinion.

Cheers

I got my CREE leds from T8ups along with the canbus loom. Have a look at EM Tuning section of the forum for some pics I put up there.