led sidelight help

THERMT

Reaction score
I put led side lights in my S4 the other day and they just flash twice then go off and wont come back on. I got them off ebay and the add said they were error free. Any Ideas?

yes they lied
send them back
and get some good ones

I bought some number plate light bums said error free canbus etc and did same thing. Put them in my mates older a3 and worked fine.

I bought some number plate light bums said error free canbus etc and did same thing. Put them in my mates older a3 and worked fine.

same with mine, I ended up installing some resistors. It's weird because I put the same bulbs in my dads mk6 golf and there were no errors/flashing/shutting down of the bulbs. I think some cars are more sensitive than others

same with mine, I ended up installing some resistors. It's weird because I put the same bulbs in my dads mk6 golf and there were no errors/flashing/shutting down of the bulbs. I think some cars are more sensitive than others

I'm just gonna spend the 30 quid and buy new units mine aren't great and screws are nearly had it

Well just tried the bulbs that macdoon recommended and they work fine. I also got on to leds r us who i got the others from and they sent me some resistor packs FOC. dont think il bother with them though and these chuck out way more light.

Here's the ones I bought, no issues

eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

Mac

i bought the ones in the above link, just went to fit them and my drl bulbs are the bayonet type where ive been sent the straight forward push in type, have i been sent the wrong ones, have i ordered the wrong ones?

help please :)

heres what i got sent:
1a24e4f5.jpg

actually ignore that, im being dumb and realised ive ordered the wrong ones :/

if anyone wants a pair of the above leds pm me as it seems i now have a set going spare :D

I ordered a set of these to go with my diamond vision bulbs, fitted the passenger side first checked it worked before pushing it back into the light housing, forgot to check the drivers side and sods law it was faulty and didn't work , went to take it out and the led got caught and fell out into the light housing behind the lens :( so how am i going to get it out.I've ordered another set from t8ups as the yellow sides light look awful with the diamond vision.

Damned unlucky fella, have you got a link to the diamond vision. I have Osram nightbreakers and they are great but now the led sidelight bulbs make them look dull :motz:, lol there's always something.

Mac

you could try one of those extendable bendy magnet things that mechanics use to retrive dropped bolts etc

i cant even get my hand in there to pull the old ones out :(

Mac i got them from here .

eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

Must say the difference is incredible worth every penny they really show up how yellow all the other bulbs are .

Jonny yes that's what i thought i have a mate who owns several garages so ill pay him a visit later only problem i have is if i can see the bulb as it's floating around in the headlight one second its there go for a drive and it gone lol
As for fitting the headlights are easy now, the sides are a little more difficult i'm 6ft and 15 stone so not small either but after alot of swearing i worked out how twist my way in so there not to bad to change now .

Reactions: Macdoon
I ordered a set of these to go with my diamond vision bulbs, fitted the passenger side first checked it worked before pushing it back into the light housing, forgot to check the drivers side and sods law it was faulty and didn't work , went to take it out and the led got caught and fell out into the light housing behind the lens :( so how am i going to get it out.I've ordered another set from t8ups as the yellow sides light look awful with the diamond vision.

I did exactl the same thing...!!
Initially I thought.... I'm gonna have to take the headlight unit off to get it out!
But then thought of this.....
Just use a length of wire, with the end bent into a hook shape.... then start "fishing" inside the housing until you can drag it to the back of the housing, where you can pick it up!

yeah il give it a go when im feeling a bit more patient otherwise it could end in tears lol