LED parking lights flashing

to be blunt mate they are badlymade i had some like this and they did it to i dont have the link on this pc but if qjames dont postit ill pop it up for you latter as to where to get good ones

I had a set that did this, turned out to be poor connections on the bulb end. The two wires from the LED weren't making proper contact with the bulb contacts so i reshaped them a little. Worked perfect from then on.

Simon be interested to know where you got the good ones mare.

Defsix there is not much room to reshape anything on the holder for the parking lights,its a pretty tight fit,and bulbs did fit snugly into holder,the also work perfect for the first minute or so after powering up so not convinced it's a connection issue.

its not the the holder, try reshaping the metal contacts on the bulb, look into the holder and try move the bulb contacts so they make a connection with the holder
i would say from experience you will have too move the connection things on the bulb further a part.
if it sounds stupid or un understanding its its because its im half way through a bottle of vodka lol.

Last edited:
As simple Simon says I've got THESE - the 9 led versions, but 15 led one's are also available now. I've had them over two years and they've never given any error codes at all. In the last few weeks I've noticed that one or two of the individual led's in each bulb have burnt out, unless you look you wouldn't notice and it doesn't affect the brightness really. I'll still be replacing them soon!

As simple Simon says I've got THESE - the 9 led versions, but 15 led one's are also available now. I've had them over two years and they've never given any error codes at all. In the last few weeks I've noticed that one or two of the individual led's in each bulb have burnt out, unless you look you wouldn't notice and it doesn't affect the brightness really. I'll still be replacing them soon!

can we see a photo of them in action?

can we see a photo of them in action?

Lights004.jpg

Lights008.jpg

Flashing LED type sidelights are the inherent to their design when compared to standard filament bulbs when used on the A4/B6.

LED's draw much lower current when compared to the filament equivalents and the vehicle power supply unit thinks there is a problem with the bulb as it is not drawing the prescribed design current. The simplest way is to put a "Ballast" resistor in parallel with the bulb to "fool" the car electronics into thinking it has filament bulbs OR buy some LED sidelights that have additional electronics on board that fool the vehicle electronics.

I originally opted for the 9xLED stack "bulbs" which were DIS error & flash free - although one did fail after ~18 months during very cold weather so replaced the pair with a 15xLED stack - 15's good to date so far. Supplied as per QuattroJames link.

These LED's are not designed to be in close proximity of Halogen bulbs, i.e. your main beam - These can damage the "plastic" design of the circuit boards and surface mount LED's so you are probably likely to have to replace them a lot more than conventional filament glass bulbs.

Cheers for the info lads and the links.

Woorlord why does being in close proximity to halogen lights kill the LEDS,heat?

......Woorlord why does being in close proximity to halogen lights kill the LEDS,heat?

Yes Heat - that is the assumption we have come to.
Have considered alternative units which are encapsulated in metal shrouds but these have leds only pointing forward so would not provide the 270+ degree light of the plastic stacks.

I had about 6 of the shrouded ones form UltraLEDs.co.uk*... pop pop pop.... longest lasted about 5 weeks... most <1 week :(

Forward direction was NOT a problem, they illuminate the headlight better than regular bulbs AND have more forward light.

Had a set of the big towers (15 led's?) for about 3-4 months now no problems.

* both sets were form the same supplier - they had discontinued the shrouded ones and refunded me in full, incl postage, etc - highly recommended suppliers.

Not directly comparable results on the bulbs though: OEM Xenon lights use different bulbs.

Just ordered a pair from ultraLEDs,will see if i can get any change out of the eBay seller.

Thanks once again lads.