1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Server Issues [Search] 21-22/07/18

We are currently rebuilding the site's search index due to an earlier database problem, so search results will be incomplete for a time. The process happens quite quickly, and we'll be keeping an eye on it. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience in the meantime.

Thanks for your patience.

ASN Admin
    Dismiss Notice
  1. Mathew nicholas

Mathew nicholas New Member

Just wondering if anyone has fitted led lights to there car instead of the normal lights tried but keep burning out the ballast

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

Burning out the ballast with the led bulbs or existing xenon ballast?

More data needed.

4. DieselJake

DieselJake Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

Front or rear, indicators or side lights or interior or full beam or breaking or I dunno.

My experience with LED's hasn't been very good on my b6 other than interior lights and number plate lights and I've had/changed allot of bulbs/light clusters on the car in the past 7+ years I've owned it.

5. Mathew nicholas

Mathew nicholas New Member

Burning out the brand ne ballast with the new led lights seems like they overheat then blow

6. DrStrange

DrStrange Well-Known Member

Yes! The world is your oyster now with regards to how much choice you have.

Go on Amazon and search for LED lights with the highest operating Lumens (LM's) I've got a set and are very bright at night.

7. DrStrange

DrStrange Well-Known Member

Also, older gen LED's where Sh*t and would burn out like Jake says above. Just read the reviews and choose which one to go for.

Im 2 in years and love mine. They do run VERY hot so ensure you wrap the wires in 'Kapton' tape. (Heat proof tape)