LED lights upgrade

MA3TDIQ

Reaction score
Hi,

After having upgraded my rear end of my audi a3 (8p 57 plate TDI) to LED I now want to do the same o the front end.

Essentially I want all my lights to be LED - that is side lights, dipped beam, full beam and Fog lights.

And also to add some LED into the cabin.

Has anyone managed to do this without errors on canbus? How many bulbs will I need and what size?

Many thanks for your help!

Hi,

After having upgraded my rear end of my audi a3 (8p 57 plate TDI) to LED I now want to do the same o the front end.

Essentially I want all my lights to be LED - that is side lights, dipped beam, full beam and Fog lights.

Has anyone managed to do this without errors on canbus? How many bulbs will I need and what size?

Tups

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

On my 2006 S3 I have tried numerous LED bulbs without total success.
I managed to get some LED numberplate lights that work without error.
ABD do a sidelight bulb that works with mine, no resistors needed and nice white light.
Nobody has managed to do a DRL bulb that works for my car, but I found a filament bulb that is crisp white and matched the LED perfectly.
Headlight bulbs, probably not a good idea. They don't tend to work well in units that aren't designed for them.
Fog lights.. why? You need Yellow bulbs to be most effective in FOG, and if you plan to use them when it's not foggy then you run the risk of a fine (in the UK) and in wet weather the light bounces off wet roads and dazzles people so you increase your chances of being hit head on.

Hi,

Drop me a message if you want LED interior lights.

sales@rocketwires.co.uk or www.rocketwires.co.uk

On my 2006 S3 I have tried numerous LED bulbs without total success.
I managed to get some LED numberplate lights that work without error.
ABD do a sidelight bulb that works with mine, no resistors needed and nice white light.
Nobody has managed to do a DRL bulb that works for my car, but I found a filament bulb that is crisp white and matched the LED perfectly.
Headlight bulbs, probably not a good idea. They don't tend to work well in units that aren't designed for them.
Fog lights.. why? You need Yellow bulbs to be most effective in FOG, and if you plan to use them when it's not foggy then you run the risk of a fine (in the UK) and in wet weather the light bounces off wet roads and dazzles people so you increase your chances of being hit head on.

Any chance you have a link for that led sidelight bulb? Cheers

hmm none in stock, anyone else got their sidelight bulbs from eBay without error?

Also, still keen to get H11 fog lights LED, anyone have any installed that are working error free?
I did my dog lights needed resistors simple fix have spare ones

I support everyone but heres a shoutout for ROBINA3 and TRUPS. Both have supported this forum for years so if any issues with LED's interior or exterior pm them!

Reactions: RobinA3 and leonwilliams
Thanks,

Just out of interest - has anyone managed to get H7 LED bulbs to work?

I have had no issues had to use resistors though

Which bulb did you use? I see there are ones with cooling fan on the back however does that not make them too long to fit the back of the light fitting back on?

Thanks,

Just out of interest - has anyone managed to get H7 LED bulbs to work?

I’ve got H7 LED’s in at the moment for headlights and so much brighter but unless you use those orange H7 resistors (can get with H7 plugs) off eBay there will be a bulb error but those resistors get so hot. So I tried a different H7 resistor that comes in a black casing that isn’t hot at all but still errors

I've checked my Ebay right back to 2017 didnt buy off there so it was Ali express

Hi,

I fitted facelifted 2007 onwards rear lights to my 55 plate Sportback with the LED tail lights and upgraded white LED reverse lights. LED plate lights, full LED interior light upgrade - already had factory fitted ambient lighting but changed the footwell lights to red - looks way better. LED headlights I tried for a bit and ignited errors then changed back to standard for MOT but a decent set of H7 gives a better beam pattern